After a long work week, there’s nothing like relaxing with your BFFs, sipping on a few cocktails while you catch up. While you could get a six pack at your local convenience store or sip on your go-to healthy cocktail concoction, it’s time to get fancy when it comes to hanging out with your leading ladies. That’s why we want to introduce to you a tangy-yet-sweet cocktail that will make you feel like a queen. With honey, lavender, gin, St. Germain and yogurt (you heard that right), this refreshing cocktail is the cherry on top of your already-perfect summer. Check out how to make this one-of-a-kind cocktail below.
— 2 ounces gin
— 1 ounce St. Germain
— 1/2 teaspoon honey
— 1/2 lemon
— 1 teaspoon of yogurt (Greek or Icelandic)
for the simple syrup:
— half cup sugar
— half cup hot water
— 5-6 dried lavender sticks
for the garnish:
— 1 lavender stick
Lavender Simple Syrup Instructions:
1. Heat water on the stove until it starts to boil. Turn off the heat and let it cool for a minute.
2. Pour half a cup of white sugar into a heat-resistant dish.
3. Pour half a cup of hot water over the sugar and mix it together until it dissolves.
4. Place the lavender sticks inside a tea strainer and place it inside the hot water/sugar mixture.
5. Let the ingredients marinate overnight.
6. Discard the lavender sticks and place the simple syrup to the side.
Instructions for Cocktail:
1. In a shaker, pour in gin, St. Germain, yogurt, honey, lavender simple syrup and lemon.
2. Add a few ice cubes to the shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
3. Place a cocktail strainer on top of the shaker and strain the liquid into a martini glass.
4. Garnish with a dried lavender sprig.
In a shaker, pour in gin, St. Germain, yogurt and honey.
In the same shaker, add lavender simple syrup and lemon. Add a few ice cubes into the shaker and shake for 10 seconds to make it frothy.
Place a cocktail strainer on top of the shaker and strain the liquid into a martini glass.
Garnish with a dried lavender sprig.
It’s creamy and delicious and will make your summer days so much better.
Are you going to try this cocktail trend? We’d love to hear. Tweet us @BritandCo!