7 YouTube Arm Workouts for Every Day This Week
You don’t have to join an expensive CrossFit gym and get all jacked to feel good about baring your arms this summer; all it takes is a little dedication and targeted training that you can do with light weights and some easy at-home exercises (this new study on lifting weights proves it). Here’s a roundup of the seven best YouTube videos for embracing (pun totally intended) the path to toned arms every day this week. And when you’re feeling like these workouts are too tough, just imagine FLOTUS’ workouts. ‘Cause you know Michelle Obama is killin’ it.
1. How to Get Toned Arms: On day one, jump right in with this boot camp-style workout. We say “boot camp” because, admittedly, it kind of feels like the instructor is yelling at us, but you can’t argue with her results. Start with three-pound weights for a series of different reps that work your shoulders, biceps and triceps, while also engaging your core. (via XHIT Daily)
2. Ballet Beautiful: Strong and Sexy Swan Arms Workout: This routine is a little lighter than Sunday’s (literally — you’re just using bodyweight here). World-renowned ballerina and celeb fitness trainer Mary Helen Bowers shows you graceful ballet moves to get you the sugarplum biceps of your dreams. Get in the zone by picturing yourself as a real ballerina — but like a tough, badass ballerina who’s got “two tickets to the gun show” after she gets offstage. (via BeFiT)
3. The Best Ways to Tone Arms Without Push-Ups: Wait, we don’t have to do push-ups to get toned arms? Bless you, Amber Nimedez and Livestrong. This workout uses light hand weights, and focuses on slow and controlled raises and curls. (via LIVESTRONG)
4. No Equipment Upper Body Workout for Great Arms, Shoulders and Upper Back: This interval workout doesn’t require any weights, but still really challenges your upper body strength with 50 seconds on and just 10 seconds off between exercises. It’s a tough one (especially when you get to the plank moves), so there’s no shame in taking breaks if you need to. (via FitnessBlender)
6. Jillian Michaels: Arms and Shoulders Workout: When you want a serious sweat, the first person you turn to should be Jillian Michaels. The fitness powerhouse is tough as nails, but she’s still encouraging enough to keep your energy and motivation way up throughout her workouts. The big challenge with this one: Jillian takes you through targeted arm moves, but also makes you do cardio. (If you’ve seen The Biggest Loser, this shouldn’t be surprising.) It’s a serious workout, but when you finish, you’ll feel like you made her proud. (via BeFiT)
7. 10-Minute Strapless Dress Arm Workout: We’ve never been disappointed by a POPSUGAR video. Host Anna Renderer makes you feel powerful with a side of pep, and this challenging but fun workout is the perfect way to cap off your first intense arms week. (via POPSUGAR Fitness)
What are your at-home arm workout moves? Tweet us your tips @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.