5 Places You Could Totally Wear Saint Laurent’s Roller Skate Pumps
Hot on the heels of the $185 Prada paper clip and the $1,190 Gucci sock sandal comes the next puzzling design in high fashion: the roller skate heel. Part stiletto, part actual moving footwear from a throwback era, the Yves Saint Laurent invention is a luxe head-scratcher to be sure.
Properly known as the Anya 100 Patch Pump ($1,995), the design comes courtesy of YSL’s new creative director, Anthony Vaccarello. And if these babies really sing to you, you’ll likely have to travel overseas to find them as they’re “exclusively available at the Grenelle store in Paris.”
But that’s not stopping these head-scratchers from making a buzz internationally (by which we mean Twitter, duh), with most folks expressing their overall confusion over the shoes.
I can't walk in heels or roller skate, how tf you expect me to do both??? pic.twitter.com/DuMSnISJDW
— Nikita Mistry (@nikitamistryy) July 23, 2017
— Patty Adams Martinez (@pattyadams) August 3, 2017
Saint Laurent came out with roller skate pumps… The most dangerous shit I've seen all day smh lol.
— 👸🏻Aimz (@Aimee_______) June 28, 2017
Saint Laurent released the all new Roller skate stilettos. THANK YOU! About time. Heels were not challenging enough. #MustOwn
— Arzoo Nagraik (@nagraik_arzoo) August 3, 2017
For those of you wondering just how and where you can sport these potentially ankle-breaking footwear, we have some ideas.
1. On a Blind Date: Meeting your Tinder date for the first time? Imagine how impressed he’ll be with your sense of balance when you roll in on these suckers.
2. Running Errands: Just THINK of how much faster you’ll get everything done! Only downside, carrying all your grocery bags on an incline and wheels.
3. Catching the Train: Running late? Not anymore! Simply strap on these bad boys and zoom away, just in time to catch your morning commute.
4. Walking the Dog: Your pet will get double the exercise since you’ll be wheeling it. Bonus points: Do this going downhill.
5. To Run a Marathon: You’d definitely roll into first place… just sayin.’
(We’re joking. Please don’t do any of the above.)
Where would you “skate” around in these beauts? Let us know over @BritandCo.
(h/t Teen Vogue; photos via Saint Laurent)