Every year, fashion lovers get their own version of Christmas in July, and for us, it’s Zara’s massive summer sale. Whether you’re looking for summer essentials or that summer jumpsuit you plan on living in until Labor Day, or you’re just browsing for some inspo, there’s always something for everyone thanks to Zara’s rapidly changing and totally on-trend collections. The only downside? It can be a daunting task trying to sift through all the options to find the best ones. As tempting as it may be to just buy all of the things, your wallet just won’t abide. That’s why we’ve done all the legwork by curating 23 of the best pieces from the Zara summer sale that you should buy ASAP (because we all know Zara sale items can be gone in a flash).
1. Embroidered Waistcoat With Pompoms ($40): Perfect for all those upcoming music festivals, this breezy, midi-length coat is great for throwing over shorts, jeans or dresses. And in case you haven’t heard, pom-poms are the new must-have in the festival scene.
2. Long Printed Dress ($30): If you’re still on the hunt for something to wear to all those upcoming summer weddings, look no further than this floral printed maxi dress. The high neck is offset by a low back that gives just the right mix of sweet and sexy.
3. Crossover Metallic Sandals ($30): Speaking of wedding guest attire, this pair of metallic heels is just what you need to complete the look. The gold color will complement everything in your closet, and the block heel is comfy enough for dancing the night away.
4. Jumpsuit With Darts ($20): Overalls are one of our favorite ’90s looks that have made a comeback recently, and this romper offers the look of denim but in a lighter fabric that’s more appropriate for the hotter months.
5. Dress With Lace Back ($30): Light, effortless and chock full of pretty details, this summer-ready version of the LBD belongs at the top of your list. Date night will never be the same.
6. Embroidered Kaftan ($40): Beach days, picnics at the park, brunches with the squad — consider this kaftan your one-and-done piece to throw on and complete any look. Keep it casual with cropped flares or dress it up for nighttime with a slinky slip dress.
7. Embroidered Top ($30): In case there was any doubt before, we think it’s safe to say that the off-shoulder trend is here to stay. This top offers the same embroidered details as a lot of Zara’s sale pieces, and we’re loving the trend.
8. Fabric Crossbody Bag ($36): A little bit boho, a little bit glam, this crossbody bag transitions seamlessly from day to night thanks to the braided details and metal fringe. Keep your hands free for errand-running or dance floor-dominating by stashing just the essentials in this pretty purse.
9. Flowing Jacket With Belt ($40): It may seem counterintuitive to buy a jacket at the height of summer, but summer sales are the best time to stock up on low-priced outerwear. This flowy jacket is good for chilly summer nights, but is also a great layering piece under thick coats for the winter.
10. Denim Shorts ($20): Is there anything more reminiscent of lazy, hazy summer days than a pair of denim shorts? Switch out those frayed cut-offs for this structured pair that looks a bit more grown-up, but still has a touch of fun with the ruffled edges.
11. Long Jacquard Blazer ($40): We’re kind of obsessed with the shape and structure of this jacquard blazer. The white detailing is so versatile, but still edgy enough to make an impact; plus, the kimono-style belt is to die for.
12. Long Sleeve Jumpsuit ($40): Every girl should have that one statement-making red outfit in her wardrobe. The relaxed fit, long sleeves and floral lace make this a little less in-your-face, but the bold color still gives that wow factor.
13. Multicolored Sneakers ($30): Can we take a minute to say how glad we are that sneakers seem to have replaced heels as the footwear du jour? Go ahead and add this multi-color pair to your collection, because you can honestly never have too many sneakers.
14. Jacquard Palm Tree Frock Coat ($40): There’s no reason your love of palm tree prints should be limited to your summer wardrobe. Thanks to this subtle yet playful black and white coat, your tropical-print obsession can continue well into fall.
15. Mid Heel Leather Shoes With Ankle Strap ($30): It’s rare to find a pair of pink heels that look this chic. The mid-height heel, pointed closed toe and delicate t-strap make these beauties demure enough even for the office. Not to mention, the shade of pink is *just* right.
16. Finely Pleated Palazzo Trousers ($26): If you’ve been on the fence about trying out palazzo pants, now is the time to take the plunge (especially at this price!). The pleats are delicate enough to not look clown-ish, and black is the best color to go with when trying out more daring trends.
17. Printed Skort ($20): Who knew skorts could look so stylish? Erase all memory of those ill-fitting hybrids from middle school and try out this brightly colored pair that’s both fun and functional.
18. Fringed Flat Leather Sandals ($30): We can practically hear those summer festivals calling to us. And in a neutral brown color, these sandals can be worn outside of Coachella without attracting any sideways glances.
19. Tote With Cord Detail ($36): Tote this brightly colored bag everywhere from the beach to the farmers’ market. The nautical-inspired rope handles are giving us major seaside getaway vibes.
20. Square Neckline Jumpsuit ($10): It’s hard not to love this romper — it’s bright, comfy and only $10. Throw it on over your bathing suit as a cute alternative to your usual beach cover-up.
21. Slingback High Heel Shoes With Bow ($20): A standard pair of black pumps is made so much more interesting with an ankle tie and oversized bow at the back. Pair with ankle-length pants to really show off this fun detail.
22. Crossover Buttoned Dress ($18): Our hearts skipped a beat when we spotted this dress, which can be worn during summer and well into the cooler months. Wear it sans t-shirt while it’s still warm out, and once the temps drop, add a striped tee and a pair of tights for a totally chic new spin on a tried-and-true ensemble.
23. Culottes With Slits ($18): We try not to play favorites when it comes to Zara, but this is high on the list. These orange culottes are fabulous on their own, but add an off-the-shoulder top and you have a truly swoon-worthy outfit.
What are some of your favorites from the Zara sale? Follow us on Pinterest for more sale roundups.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)