9 Acne-Scar Fading Products for the Best Complexion of Your Life
Having a blemish is difficult enough without having to contend with dreaded scars that they may leave in their wake. Luckily, there are some effective products out there, including serums, creams, and masks, that will help to reduce the appearance of acne marks quickly — revealing fresh, soft skin over time. Get ready for the best complexion of your life with the nine scar-fading items below. But a word to the wise — when using any of these products it is important to wear sunscreen, since they can make your skin more sensitive to light.
1. SkinCeuticals Advanced Pigment Corrector ($90): If pigmentation is an issue for you, this daily, lightweight lotion will reduce the look of discoloration and make your skin tone glow more after only a few uses. We also dig that it’s paraben-, fragrance-, and dye-free, and it won’t clog up pores.
2. Kiehl’s Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution ($50): For someone who sticks to their current skincare routine, but wants to add in something that targets post-acne scars, pick up this serum. It combines activated C, white birch, and peony extracts — all ingredients that reveal a brighter, more even complexion.
3. Neogen Lemon Bio Peel Gauze Peeling Pads ($27): With the help of lemon fruit extract to lighten spots and lactic acid to reduce fine lines and breakouts, this chemical exfoliator promotes brighter skin all with the simple swipe of a pad. Expert tip: To get the most out of this choice, cut the pads in half for double the usage.
4. Bio-Oil Multi-Use Skincare Oil ($20): This oil is the definition of a multi-use product, as it works to hydrate, nourish, and reduce uneven skintones, stretch marks, and scars. Basically, you can feel free to slather this hydrator all over your body and watch it turn into a more even and beautiful finish, all thanks to the brand’s genius blend of fast-absorbing oils.
5. Glamglow FLASHMUD Brightening Treatment ($69): This incredibly powerful and effective face treatment uses Glamglow’s WhiteEnergy (to fight color unevenness), Flashlucent (helps drive ingredients deeper into the skin), Reflectrum (makes skin appear lighter and brighter), and TEAOXI White Birch Leaf (color balances the skin tone) to make your skin look and feel luminous. In a study of 100 people, 93 percent said it created a brighter complexion. Say no more!
6. Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial ($80): Whoever said that natural beauty products don’t get the job done as quickly and efficiently as others clearly had never tried this Drunk Elephant resurfacer. This professional quality mask that includes glycolic, tartaric, lactic, citric, and salicylic acids leaves your skin with a youthful radiance.
7. Clean & Clear Advantage Skin Mark Treatment ($8): Doubling as both a treatment for current breakouts and a saving grace for post-acne scarring, this formula — complete with salicylic acid and glycolic acid — will turn over cells to bring forward fresh ones. It can be used all over the face once a day (more if needed!) or just in a certain stubborn spot.
8. Murad Post-Acne Spot Lightening Gel ($65): Formulated with willow bark and tea tree leaf extract, this gel will fade discoloration and balance the tone of your complexion. You’ll be waving goodbye to hyperpigmentation after slathering this treatment on for the day (with an SPF, of course!) and night.
9. Peter Thomas Roth De-Spot Skin Brightening Corrector ($75): In this brightening treatment you’ll find a powerful but non-irritating way to get rid of dark spots — and fast. Created with Peter Thomas Roth’s Illumiscin (which reduces hyperpigmentation), Niacinamide PC (which reduces age spots), Actiwhite (for brightening), and Chromabright (which reduces hyperpigmentation), more uniform skin is only a few weeks away.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.