Fitness classes are undoubtedly better when you don’t have to pay for them, so we tracked down the hottest ones across the country that are offering complimentary summer sessions. Try yoga on the beach, group runs, and other sweat-inducing activities to get your best summer body ever.
Miami & Ft. Lauderdale
1. Sweatworking at The Westin Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort: The hotel hosts a weekly sweatworking run on Thursdays at 6pm that’s open to the public. The 3.5-mile oceanfront run is followed by a reception with superfood snacks (and beer!) at the resort afterward.
2. 3rd Street Beach Yoga: A group of local yoga instructors started offering free yoga on the beach in 1998 and haven’t stopped since. Classes are held 365 days a year in Miami and are donation based. Join them at 7am or 5/6pm for an hour of soothing exercise on the beach.
3. Miami Beach Fit Camp: Free morning full-body group workout classes on Miami Beach are offered every Tuesday, Thursday, and two Saturdays a month at 9am. Personal health and nutrition coaching is also available by appointment.
New York City & Brooklyn
4. The Rise NYC Outdoor HIIT Training: If you can make it to Washington Square Park on Mondays at 6:30 am, then you can get your fair share of free HIIT burpees, dips, and box jumps. There are similar urban workouts throughout the city in Brooklyn, Queens, Flatiron, and Bryant Park.
6. Bryant Park Yoga: Bryant Park, in partnership with yoga gear company Manduka, offers free weekly classes on Tuesday mornings and Thursday evenings. Classes are taught by instructors curated by Yoga Journal and run through September. RSVP here.
7. Meatpacking Sweat Sessions: Every Tuesday night from May through August, The Meatpacking District and The Wellth Collective offer free 45-minute classes at 6pm, 7pm, and 8pm. Classes are located outside at 14th Street Park and vary week to week, from yoga, pilates, bootcamp, and more.
Denver & Vail
9. Vinyasa and Mimosas at The ART Hotel: The ART Hotel in Denver, CO has brought back their “Vinyasa and Mimosas” series in partnership with CorePower Yoga, which means complimentary yoga on the terrace every other Saturday throughout the summer, plus chilled towels, infused water, and an energizing recovery brunch with holistic cocktails.
10. Daydream at The W: The W Los Angeles has partnered with Electric Flight Crew — LA’s hottest social fitness club — to host a series of complimentary poolside classes (yoga, HIIT, barre, etc.) starting at 9am every Sunday from June 18 until September 24. After the one-hour class, you can also cash in a free drink ticket to be used at The Hideout before the DJ starts spinning under the sun at noon.
11. The Restoration Rooftop Yoga Series: The Restoration in Charleston has partnered with Lululemon on King Street for a series of complimentary rooftop yoga classes throughout the summer. Every Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 pm, guests and non-guests can refresh their mind, body, and spirit in a beautiful setting with amazing views and awesome energy.
12. Exhale Yoga: Throughout the summer, Exhale is offering free yoga classes in various cities: on the Esplanade in Boston, in Colony Square in Atlanta, and in Klyde Warren Park in Dallas.
13. ClassPass: ClassPass offers a ton of free classes in each of their 39 cities with options like bootcamp in the park, yoga on the roof, and even surfing. You can check for free classes and studios in your city of choice online or in their app.
14. Nike: Nike organizes free weekly Nike+ Training Club (circuit training) and Nike+ Run Club (group runs) in various cities throughout the country.
15. Lululemon: The company that started athleisure offers free yoga and group runs in various cities.
16. Athleta: The athletic retailer has free in-store yoga and other fitness classes. Check your local store for the schedule of events.
What’s your favorite free workout? Share it with us @BritandCo!
(Photo via Getty)