8 Eco-Friendly Products to Make Every Day Earth Day
Like pretty much every large-scale problem affecting our society these days (gender pay gap, anyone? Don’t even get us started), environmental issues often feel pretty overwhelming. We want to be difference-makers, but where are we supposed to begin? Luckily for us, many manufacturers out there are taking steps on our behalf to create products that will keep our planet a bit more safe and sound for the generations to come.
In honor of Earth Day, we’ve rounded up eight of these products for your world-saving pleasure. Keep scrolling to learn more about them, and consider incorporating at least one or two into your daily routine. Swapping in products like these is a great way for us to show solidarity with this beautiful planet of ours.
1. Evolution Tall Kitchen Trash Bags ($22): There’s never going to be anything glamorous about taking out the trash, but you can at least be a do-gooder in the process! Evolution’s sustainable bags — 70 percent of which are made with post-consumer recycled material — are the first and only line of EPA-compliant and UL ECOLOGO trash bags in North America.
2. WaterWipes ($4): Be kind to your little one and the environment with these baby wipes, which just recently launched in the US. WaterWipes are entirely chemical-free, containing just two ingredients: water and grapefruit seed extract.
3. EcoTools Perfecting Blender Duo ($10): Make your face (even more) flawless with this set of foam blenders, which are made of 70 percent plant-based materials. This duo includes a large base blender and a mini detail blender, perfect for more precise and detailed coverage.
4. EcoTools Anniversary Set ($19): The six face and eye brushes in this collection are manufactured with eco-conscious materials — and they all fit neatly into a recycled aluminum holder. If you ask us, the only thing better than portable beauty is portable beauty that’s friendly to the Earth!
5. Scotts EveryDrop — Water Maximizer for Lawns + Landscapes ($12): If you’re lucky enough to have a yard to enjoy, you know all too well the amount of work — and water — that’s required to maintain that luscious lawn. Scotts EveryDrop can help you conserve that all-too-precious H2O by making the most of the moisture already present in your grass.
6. Nature’s Care Organic & Natural Raised Bed Plant Food ($18): Make your green thumb even greener by swapping in Nature’s Care’s plant food for your blooms this spring and summer. Each year, the company recycles millions of pounds of materials from yards, farms, and forests to create its products.
7. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Dish Soap ($4): Everyone’s gotta do the dishes (unfortunately), and Mrs. Meyer’s products make this dreaded chore a bit more eco-friendly. This dish soap has a biodegradable formula and contains plant-derived ingredients, including soap bark extract, which happens to be nature’s best degreaser.
8. Market Street New York by Corelle line, Blue Adirondack pattern ($25-100): Paper and plastic plates are a summer staple for many families, but it’s no secret that they’re bad news for the environment. This new line of lightweight, chip-resistant plates may be the perfect, better-for-the-Earth substitute! (Plus, they’re pretty.)
What other eco-friendly swaps do you make in your day-to-day routine? Tweet us @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)