If you’ve been checking out all the latest spring home collections, you’ve likely seen and lusted after Urban Outfitters’ killer garden section. From the hanging planters to the boho designs to the metallic accents, these beauties are truly inspiring for that indoor spring garden. But before you drop an arm and a green thumb on said pots and planters, know that you can hack each and every piece from the new collection with a little creativity and a bit of DIY dedication. With the projects below, you’ll get the same chic UO style you know and love, but have more money to spend on the latest spring decor collections from your favorite designers. Get ready to revamp your indoor garden and enjoy those spring blooms.
1. DIY Gold-Dipped Bud Vase: Good things come in small packages, or in this case, small bud vases. Spring showers inevitably bring blooms, and while the Field Vase ($24) is the perfect size for a bud or two, the gold-dipped version is definitely a statement maker. Tie multiple bud vases together to create a centerpiece for springtime entertaining. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Hanging Macrame Vase: Take your love of all things macrame right to the ceiling with a vertical hanging plant. Make a copy of UO’s Magical Thinking Hand-Knotted Hanging Planter ($29) with mason jars and color-dipped yarn. These knotted beauties come together really quickly, so you’ll have plenty of time to DIY a totally gorg centerpiece for a spring bunch AND a gift to your mom for Mother’s Day. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Colorblocked Geometric Vase: Nothing perks up an indoor garden like a dose of metallic. And while UO’s Mod Metal Planter ($10) is very stylish, the DIY version gets extra points for being geometric + metallic + pastel color blocked. Instead of shelling out on a whole new pot collection, refresh the ones you already have with a few coats of paint. (via Proper)
4. DIY Moss Terrarium: The coolest thing about the Spitfire Girl Dino Terrarium Kit ($16) is the mini dinosaur character. With a trip to the dollar store, you could totally get the same charm in your DIY terrarium. Recycle a mason jar or other inexpensive glass vase, and add a few fun toys to personalize your own mossy DIY. (via We Are Scout)
5. DIY Ceramic Wall Planter: Nobody ever said art has to be in a frame. Copy UO’s Umbra Trigg Wall Planter Set ($30) with clay and colorful accent colors. These geometric wall planters are the perfect addition to a springtime gallery wall. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Easy Hanging Planter: Bring some thrifted gold bowls to Urban Outfitters’ level with this easy hack. Just copy UO’s Assembly Home Eos Hanging Planter ($39,) and create the perfect corner vignette with three bowl planters or one big planter. Hang the bowls at different levels and pick out plants that drape over the edge to create maximum visual impact. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Crescent Moon Hanging Planter: Once you’ve covered all your windowsills with plants, head to the ceiling and hack UO’s Magical Thinking Hanging Crescent Planter ($24) with just a few craft supplies. The crescent moon shape is the the perfect sized decoration for small spaces. Hang it over your desk or even above a side table in your home’s entry. If you’re feelin’ fancy, spray paint your DIY planter with a metallic gold or rose gold before planting and hanging. (via Enthralling Gumption)
8. DIY Sand Art Terrarium: Combine your love of sand art and teeny-tiny plants into this multi-layered hanging terrarium to make a colorful hack of Urban Outfitters’ Faceted Hanging Terrarium ($29). Melding the ever-popular terrarium with a hanging planter might just be *the* cutest way to bring plants into your space. (via Brit + Co)
9. DIY Concrete Planter Stand: Usher in the greenery with a minimal and modern concrete planter that stylishly mimics Urban Outfitters’ Knock Down Plant Stand ($69). Adjust the length of the legs to get different heights, and arrange two or three on your desk to help amp up your productivity. (via Francois et Moi)
10. DIY Beaded Plant Hanger: String together wooden beads on jute twine to create a really cool hack of UO’s Sienna Beaded Plant Hanger ($29). Paint a few select beads different colors for a fun accent, or embrace the unfinished wood beads for a Scandinavian touch. (via The Crafted Sparrow)
11. DIY Concrete and Copper Plant Stand: Even if you’re not a carpenter, you can hack UO’s Melanie Plant Stand ($119+) with a bit of creativity. Instead of using wood, give your plants a little height with this sturdy concrete and copper DIY stand that easily comes together in a weekend. (via Camille Styles)
12. DIY Faux Ceramic Hanging Planters: UO’s The Object Enthusiast Speckled Planter is sold out, but no worries — it’s super easy to get the same look with air dry clay and acrylic paint. Leave them as-is to display on your shelves, or use leather cord to hang them from the ceiling. Either look will add killer style to your space. (via Burkatron)
Are you ready to hack your way to spring? Follow us on Pinterest for more hacks and spring gardening inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.