Keep it Glassy: 21 Genius Terrarium Hacks
Succulents? Love ‘em. Moss? We want to touch it all the time. Scouring flea markets for vintage glass vessels? We do it on a weekly basis. Let’s just say we’re slightly pumped that the 1970s terrarium fad is back on the scene. You’ve probably seen the little lovelies sitting at the hippest stores abound town… with a pretty price tag attached to them. There’s no reasons to shell out the big bucks. Just make your own. Not sure where to start? Well, we are, and here are 21 DIY tutorials to send you on your way to becoming a pro dome gardener.
4. Pendant Lamps: Hells to the yes. Finally, someone came up with another use for terrariums other than letting them just hang out and look pretty. Be sure to use a low-wattage light bulb. Otherwise, you’ll roast your moss! (via Autumn Workshop)
5. Necklace: And because you love terrariums so much, you must always be near one. If this is the case, we’d hate for you to carry around one of those bulky cookie-jar varieties, so here’s a mini version you can simply hang around your neck. (via Ecouterre)
10. Geodesic ($147): This Restoration Hardware looker is one to turn into a not-so-secret garden. Just add orchids!
12. Morbid Mashup: Alright, it’s actually supposed to be for Halloween, but if you really love skulls and Edgar Allen Poe everything, we’re sure you can see this fitting into your everyday life. Got a serving tray and mason jars? You’re nearly set. Got ravens and skulls laying around? Creepy. (via Today’s Creative Blog)
20. Twig and Lady Kit ($45): No need to make a trip to your local nursery. This kit has foraged everything for you. Including a little lady inhabitant.
21. Repurposed Pitcher: You thought a pitcher was a kitchen essential, but really, it mostly just sits empty. Put it to use as your new favorite planter, and let the compliments pour forth. (via All Sorts of Pretty)
Doing some indoor gardening of your own? Let us know in the comments below!