Make Like You’re on Vacation With Deep-Fried Pineapple Rings Recipe
Let’s batter and fry some pineapple rings, because the summer calls for us to pretend via our food choices that we’re in some tropical locale! Here we used coconut-coated shrimp as the inspiration and gave pineapple the same crunchy, sweet treatment. To really amp up the beach-y theme, we’re dipping this deep-fried dessert in piña colada sauce that can be spiked if the weekend calls for it. Vacation can be on a plate, can’t it?
Coconut Fried Pineapple Rings With Piña Colada Dipping Sauce RECIPE
1. Peel the pineapple by cutting the top and bottom off. With the pineapple standing on one end, slice the skin off using a kitchen knife. Cut the pineapple into ¼-inch-thick slices. Using a large ring cutter, cut the slices into circles, then use a small ring cutter to remove the core.
2. Prepare the batter by whisking together the eggs and pineapple juice. Slowly whisk in the flour, salt, and cayenne.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the panko and shredded coconut.
4. Heat the oil in a medium pot until it reaches 360°F.
5. Submerge a pineapple ring in the batter, shake off the excess, and then transfer it to the panko and coconut mixture turning until well coated.
6. Place the pineapple ring in the hot oil and fry until golden, 1-2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Repeat with the remaining pineapple rings.
7. To prepare the sauce, place the coconut milk, pineapple juice, sugar, vanilla, and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Whisk until it comes to a boil and thickens. Remove the sauce from the heat, and stir in the rum, if using. Set aide to cool.
8. Dip the fried pineapple rings in the piña colada sauce and enjoy!
If you make these pineapple rings, tag Brit + Co on Instagram!
(Recipe from Amanda Anselmino / Brit + Co)