7 Style Bloggers Who Nailed the Sunglasses-in-the-Winter Look
During this time of year when the sky is a lot duller than its shimmery summer self, it’s easy to slack on your sunglasses game. This week’s outfit inspiration is all about pulling yourself out of that accessory rut with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs for tips on nailing the sunglasses-in-the-winter look. We hope this inspiration will nudge you to make your most eye-catching shades a year-round outfit staple.
1. @rebelattitude: A leopard-print coat, black pumps and… oversized sunnies? It’s been done before. Edurne from Rebel Attitude puts a fun, Cali-girl spin on this traditionally chic uniform with neon mirrored wayfarers. She takes the high-low mix to another level by topping it off with a slouchy beanie.
2. @yanafisti: Russian fashion blogger Yana owns the bug-eyed look by pairing her as-big-as-her-head sunglasses with equally oversized clothing. An all-white ensemble hit with a bright pop of color keeps the comfy silhouette from looking sloppy. And let’s also mention the instantly classy feel of the over-the-shoulders outerwear styling.
3. @myshowroomblog: Priscilla from My Showroom Blog cracked the code to wearing flirty rims without looking cutesy. Her effortless pairing of cool-girl, cat-eye frames and a badass red lip with a menswear-inspired outfit — complete with clashing winter checks — is pure fashion gold.
4. @somethingintheway5: Get the most out of your posh, metal-rimmed specks like Raquel from Something in the Way by wearing them with other classic add-ons like a black leather bag, a wide-brimmed hat and a wool swing coat. With an accessory arsenal that solid, what you wear underneath really doesn’t matter.
5. @bangbangblond: Alison from BangBangBlond schools us on how to wear your wayfarers and not look like a bro. The trick: toss on a biker jacket to add some downtown edge to your beachy shades.
6. @lindatol: We’re not sure how we feel about ‘90s sunglass styles coming back in fashion, but there’s no denying that I Believe in Pink blogger Linda is on point with her major Natalie Imbruglia vibes in those oval sunnies.
7. @rachparcell: Buying the same hued sunglases and coat is one thing, but wearing them together and looking without-a-doubt chic is another. Pink Peonies blogger Rach pulls it off by treating the bold-colored duo like you would neutrals and carrying a statement bag that’s an even moreserious pop of color.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do a #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with@britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.