The 14 Best Beauty Products for Redheads
Whether you’re a natural redhead or you get a little help from your stylist (shoutout to our fave celebs going from blonde to red), it can be difficult to find beauty products that cater to your hair’s fiery hue. While it makes sense that most merchandise is focused on blondes, brunettes and raven-haired beauties (redheads only make up 1-2% of the population), that doesn’t mean there isn’t a thriving market of beauty buys just for you.
Not only do redheads have to search high and low for hair goods that are made specifically to enhance vibrant shades that range from strawberry to fire engine, but finding the best makeup for your skin tone can be a nightmare as well. Red-haired mavens tend to have fair, freckled and sensitive skin, so you have to find formulas that will work with your skin tone and won’t cause breakouts. Luckily, we’ve taken out the guesswork to bring you 14 of the best beauty products that cater to redheads.
1. Philosophy the Microdelivery Exfoliating Wash ($28): This exfoliating face wash works perfectly for fair-skinned redheads. It offers a super effective exfoliation that buffers fine lines and gives you a healthy glow, but it’s gentle enough to use on sensitive skin. Bonus points for the sulfate-free formulation designed to protect and condition skin with antioxidants.
2. Smashbox L.A. Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek Highlighter ($29): A lot of blush shades can clash with red hair. The trick is finding the right balance between bright colors that pop and barely there nudes that blend. Enter this highlighter, which adds a subtle sheen to your beauty look with a lightweight brightening formula that feels like your own skin.
3. Davines Alchemic Red Shampoo ($35): This shampoo is specially designed to intensify both natural and cosmetically enhanced red hair. It features a special concoction enriched with milk proteins and vitamins to leave hair feeling soft and silky.
4. Lancome Maquicomplet Complete Coverage Concealer ($31): Grab a concealer that minimizes undereye circles, wrinkles and pesky blemishes minus the cakey application. This option in “natural finish” will flawlessly blend in with fair skin.
5. John Frieda Colour Refreshing Gloss ($11): This hair treatment is the perfect boost for in between salon visits. Don’t worry about losing your vibrant red hue — this lifesaver adds fiery copper tones in three minutes flat.
6. L’Oreal Paris Root Cover Up Spray ($9): If you don’t want your grays or roots to show between salon colorings, this stuff is a must-have. Just spray it on, and in three seconds you’ll have flawless roots. The main selling point of this product is the smudge-free formulation that doesn’t leave a sticky residue when it dries.
7. NARS Light Reflecting Loose Powder ($37): This powder is perfect for setting makeup on fair skin, as it is completely colorless. The silky powder is infused with Photochromic Technology to diffuse light and visibly smooth skin without ever competing with your gorgeous freckles.
8. Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint ($26): This lightweight tinted moisturizer in “light” is perfect for redheads with a more delicate complexion. It evens out discoloration and makes your skin look toned, even and, best of all, dewy. Conquer the no-makeup makeup look without hiding your natural hue.
9. Murad Essential-c Day Moisturizer With SPF 30 ($40): The number one beauty product redheads (and really everyone) should invest in is SPF. Sun protection is super important for people with fair skin, and this daily moisturizer makes it easy to do the right thing by your beauty all day, every day.
10. Make Up Forever Kohl Eyeliner in Intense Pearly Green ($18): Black eyeliner can look especially harsh against red hues. Instead, opt for a kohl liner in a dark green that will pop against your eyes and vibrant hair.
11. Redhead Revolution Mascara ($15): Like black eyeliner, a deep, inky mascara might be too much for light-colored lashes. These mascaras are specially formulated for ginger hair and coloring. Each of these three hues will complement crimson locks for a natural, effortless look.
12. Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint ($24): A red lip and red hair can be a bit over the top if not executed just right (Julianne Moore, teach us your ways). If you still want to add some color to your pout, try a berry lip instead. This natural stain glides on with ease and offers a rich color minus the clash.
13. Smashbox Fusion Soft Lights Bronzer in Baked Starburst ($32): Nothing goes better with a gorgeous red mane than a beachy, sunkissed glow. The trick is to choose a bronzer with peachy pink tones instead of an allover brown to bring out your lit-from-within radiance.
14. Topshop Freckle Pencil ($7): You may have hated your freckles growing up, but now they’re so on trend, people actually pay to have them drawn on! This awesome pencil can help you enhance the freckles you already have or add more on for the ultimate end-of-summer look.
Want more beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.