We’re all about finding beauty in unexpected places. That’s why our latest obsession also happens to be our go-to for groceries. Whole Foods is known for their tough quality standards for food, but it turns out they’re just as thorough when it comes to their beauty department. They banned at least 100 potentially harmful chemicals and ingredients from their shelves, resulting in a lineup of budget-friendly buys and luxe product picks that are so fresh and so green. Scroll down for our fave makeup, skin, and hair essentials you can score on your next trip.
1. Derma E Microdermabrasion Exfoliant Scrub ($30): Nicknamed “a facial in a jar,” this gritty little scrub starts tough and then melts onto wet skin in seconds. It’ll give you that “I only eat organic avocados” glow.
2. Dr. Hauschka Facial Toner ($36): This no-frills favorite has a light witch hazel scent and leaves skin feeling seriously fresh. Stash it in your gym bag for a post-workout pick-me-up.
3. Mineral Fusion Volumizing Mineral Mascara ($19): Think a green mascara can’t rival your beloved Diorshow? Think again. This pick left our lashes astonishingly fluffy and full. And clumps? Forget about it!
4. Nemat Fragrances Amber Oil ($18): Sweet, warm and woodsy — meet your new favorite fall fragrance. Plus, the oil formulation allows the scent to “bloom” as it mixes with your body heat.
5. Burts Bees Lip Crayon ($9): These little lippies offer the best of both worlds with the long-lasting barely there tint of a stain and the moisture of a balm. Perfect for on-the-go, no-mirror-necessary applications!
6. W3LL PEOPLE Bio Brightener Stick ($23): Looking for a soft and subtle highlight that’s more Gwyneth Paltrow than Kim K? This moisturizing balm is your best bet. Dab it on your cheekbones and down the bridge of your nose for a natural glow.
7. Trilogy Rosehip Oil ($19): Prepare to be obsessed. This oil is luxurious yet light, and sinks into the skin so quickly. A little goes a long way too! Use it under makeup or dab it on top for a dewy look.
8. Pacifica Pink Nudes Eyeshadow Palette ($18): Take your coconut water addiction to the next level with these shadows. They’re infused with your fave elixir and natural minerals to create crease-free eyeshadows in subtle shades.
9. evanhealy Wild Carrot Eye Balm ($23): Ditch your jarred eye creams and opt for something a little more low-maintenance. This ultra-moisturizing stick offers foolproof application and a weightless feel.
10. Aura Cacia Lemon Eucalyptus Essential Oil ($6): Need to chill out? Dilute a few drops of essential oil and then spritz onto a washcloth. Let the cloth chill in the fridge for a few minutes until it’s nice and frosty. Then close your eyes and press it onto your forehead. Ahhh, that’s nice.
11. Waxelene Lip Tube ($25 for five): We’ve waxed poetic about this wonder balm before, but we’ll gladly do it again. This do-it-all product tackles dry skin, chapped lips, and peeling cuticles like no other.
12. Mad Hippie Exfoliating Serum ($30): Don’t let the whimsical name fool you — this serum is no joke. Crafted with glycolic acid, lactic acid, and apple stem cells, it reduces the appearance of discoloration and dark spots like a boss.
13. John Masters Organics Sea Mist Sea Salt Spray With Lavender ($15): Honestly, you can’t go wrong with any of John Masters’ styling products. But just a couple spritzes of this spray will give you that perfectly tousled “just got back from yoga on the beach” texture.
14. Weleda Skin Food ($13): This cult classic is basically the best hand cream you’ll ever get your hands on. But feel free to use it on your face too! It’s a super thick, oil-based option that doesn’t clog pores or irritate skin.
15. Primal Pit Paste Natural Deodorant Stick ($12): If you haven’t hopped on the natural deodorant train, it’s time to get on board. This stick is aluminum, paraben, phthalate, toxin, chemical, and propylene-glycol free — but that doesn’t mean that it won’t put in the work to keep you stink-free.
16. Acure Organics Pure Mint and Echinacea Stem Cell Volume Natural Shampoo and Conditioner ($18 for both): Calling all ladies with fine hair that can’t hold a curl! This set boosts volume with echinacea stem cells and gives shine for days with argan oil. And no fear, it’s totally color-safe.
17. Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Cleansing Oil ($32): This deep cleansing oil is formulated with grapeseed, may chang, ho wood, and sunflower oils. And did we mention it feels just as luxurious as cleansing oils that cost triple the price?
18. Vital Proteins Grass-Fed Collagen Peptides ($25): This supplement is a rumored favorite of Jennifer Aniston, the queen of effortless and natural-looking beauty. Add a scoop to your morning coffee every day to achieve your hair, skin, and nail goals.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.