Sweater season is definitely here, and we’re busting out our favorite coats, scarves, and cardigans. As essential as a basic black cardigan is, it can get pretty boring in the style department. That’s why we’re doing what we do best and tricking it out with leather and VELCRO® Brand Fabric Fusion. Check out the video above to see how it’s done.
And in case you have any questions after watching the video, here are step-by-step instructions for how to make your own set of interchangeable cuffs!
1. Download and print out our cuff template. Cut out the stencil.
2. Measure it around your wrist, and cut off any excess length.
3. Trace your cuff template onto the back of a piece of leather (or pleather).
4. Cut out your piece of leather.
5. Place the hook side of your VELCRO® Brand Fabric Fusion along the center of the cuff on the inside side.
6. To seal the VELCRO® Brand Fabric Fusion, place a piece of fabric (we recommend a towel) over the leather, and iron. as per the instructions.
7. Add the loop side of your VELCRO® Brand Fabric Fusion to the cuff of your cardigan.
8. Iron the sweater to seal the VELCRO® Brand Fabric Fusion.
9. Attach the cuff onto the VELCRO® Brand Fabric Fusion, repeat on the other side, and you’re in business!
How fun is that? What other basics would you like to see us trick out? Talk to us in the comments below.
This post is a collaboration with Velcro Industries.