The Top 12 Creative Ways to Fold a Napkin
Not only are the holidays upon us, but they take us straight into awards season, Valentine’s Day, Easter, and more. Given how many dinner parties you are likely be hostessing over the next few months, we thought we’d clue you in on some easy ways to spark an instant conversation the minute your guests take a seat at the table. That’s right, we’re talking about napkins. Sounds boring, we know, but there are some seriously cool ideas out there (which actually don’t require you to be an origami expert to accomplish).
Learn a couple of these and your table will instantly inherit a bit more personality, scoring you major hostess points. Read on as we take you through a dozen of our favorites.
2. Bunny Napkin: Brit showed Carson Daly how to accomplish the bunny napkin fold on the Today Show earlier this year. He didn’t quite get it, but we promise it is much easier than he made it look. (via Brit + Co.)
4. Elf Shoe: Pair it with the Elf Hat, or make multi-colored variations to live on their own. Whichever way you display them, we promise these boots are made for talkin’ and that’s just what they’ll (cause your guests to) do… (via Serendipity)
7. Turkey Napkin: You’ll definitely need a stiffer napkin to make this little turkey happen, but it’s sure to cause a ton of commotion at the dinner table if you manage to make them look this good. (via Martha Stewart)
8. Envelope Napkin: While no sticker is technically needed on this envelope, it’s a great touch that can be personalized for any type of party. The plain envelope design would be just as cute. (via MG Party Impressions)
12. Rose Napkin: While this specific design is so dainty and spring-like, if you use a red napkin and bold green “leaf,” your napkin poinsettia will match the dinner table perfectly for the holidays as well. (via Dear Alisha)
What other creative napkin folding techniques have you guys seen (or tried!) lately? Give us a shout out in the comments below or over on Twitter.