Everyday denim as we know it has changed. ‘Cause it’s not just about having a great pair of jeans and a denim jacket at your disposal anymore. Denim has become a go-to textile (or color) for everything from skirts and dresses to tops and outerwear, and this bold leap has caught our eye. Check out these 12 Brit-approved ways to wear it.
1. Belted Denim Skirt With Lace Trim ($136): Soft chambray and a lacy trim make this denim skirt seem light and airy. We love it paired with cowboy booties like in this picture.
2. Kimono Trucker Jacket ($78): Would you take a fashion risk with this boxy kimono jacket? Its shape is highly editorial, but we applaud anyone who can make this work in the real world.
3. Denim Block Shirt ($65): We consider ourselves pros at all things color blocking. But denim blocking is entirely unexplored territory. This jean-colored button down makes a sensational first impression with it’s two-toned panels, pocket, and classic shape.
4. Spotty Denim Shirt Dress ($115): If a solid denim dress seems too daring, then try this polka dotted ditty on for size (but we suggest you finish reading this roundup before you totally make up your mind.) ;) It’s a conservative cover up that’s still tons of fun. We’d rock it with a colorful waist belt and smoking slippers.
5. Jabot Flutter Sleeve Shirt ($64): Light, jean-colored linen is given the ultimate girly treatment. Ruffled cap sleeves and a removable ruffled collar make this top effortlessly chic.
6. Denim Pinafore Dress in Dark Navy ($54): Yes, “pinafore,” may just be a fancier word for “apron,” but we’re too absorbed with this adorable this denim dress to care all that much! Try pairing this jumper with a chiffon blouse or drape a beautiful cardigan over its crossing back straps.
7. Trucker Denim Jacket ($205): We are swooning over this artfully amped up denim jacket. Tribal print sleeves add a cozy touch, which makes this a must-have jacket in our book.
8. Daydrifter Denim Tee ($78): It’s ironic that our favorite daring way to wear denim takes the form of the most basic wardrobe piece of all time: the t-shirt! But this slightly slouchy, roll sleeved tee is pleasantly surprising and ever so playful.
9. Auden Denim Jacket ($128): The classic denim jacket gets an almost unrecognizable makeover on this amazing, vintage-inspired coat. Curved seams, large buttons, and contrast polka dot trim make this feminine-cut piece a real head turner.
10. Chambray Box Pleat Skirt ($73): The thick pleats on this designer chambray skirt add both volume and visual interest below the waist. We love how it’s styled with a preppy striped boat neck.
11. Kimono Sleeve Sweater Dress ($88): Solid and patterned panels complete this minimal denim-colored sweater dress. Wide, kimono-inspired sleeves make it unlike any dress we’ve seen!
12. Denim Skater Dress With Lace Insert ($76): Honestly, we suggest dipping into the denim trend head first in this sweet ensamble. This denim skater dress is flirty, femme, and fun!
Denim Bowtie Dog Collar ($42): Bow-nus! We wouldn’t dare leave your pooch out of this trend! This denim bowtie dog collar will undoubtedly make any dog the most dapper yapper. ;)
Have you tried this daring denim trend? What pieces are your favorite? Tell us in the comments below.