12 Hot Ways To Wear Denim – No Overalls Allowed!
Everyday denim as we know it has changed. ‘Cause it’s not just about having a great pair of jeans and a denim jacket at your disposal anymore. Denim has become a go-to textile (or color) for everything from skirts and dresses to tops and outerwear, and this bold leap has caught our eye. Check out these 12 Brit-approved ways to wear it.
1. Belted Denim Skirt With Lace Trim ($136): Soft chambray and a lacy trim make this denim skirt seem light and airy. We love it paired with cowboy booties like in this picture.
2. Kimono Trucker Jacket ($78): Would you take a fashion risk with this boxy kimono jacket? Its shape is highly editorial, but we applaud anyone who can make this work in the real world.
3. Denim Block Shirt ($65): We consider ourselves pros at all things color blocking. But denim blocking is entirely unexplored territory. This jean-colored button down makes a sensational first impression with it’s two-toned panels, pocket, and classic shape.
4. Spotty Denim Shirt Dress ($115): If a solid denim dress seems too daring, then try this polka dotted ditty on for size (but we suggest you finish reading this roundup before you totally make up your mind.) ;) It’s a conservative cover up that’s still tons of fun. We’d rock it with a colorful waist belt and smoking slippers.
5. Jabot Flutter Sleeve Shirt ($64): Light, jean-colored linen is given the ultimate girly treatment. Ruffled cap sleeves and a removable ruffled collar make this top effortlessly chic.
6. Denim Pinafore Dress in Dark Navy ($54): Yes, “pinafore,” may just be a fancier word for “apron,” but we’re too absorbed with this adorable this denim dress to care all that much! Try pairing this jumper with a chiffon blouse or drape a beautiful cardigan over its crossing back straps.
7. Trucker Denim Jacket ($205): We are swooning over this artfully amped up denim jacket. Tribal print sleeves add a cozy touch, which makes this a must-have jacket in our book.
8. Daydrifter Denim Tee ($78): It’s ironic that our favorite daring way to wear denim takes the form of the most basic wardrobe piece of all time: the t-shirt! But this slightly slouchy, roll sleeved tee is pleasantly surprising and ever so playful.
9. Auden Denim Jacket ($128): The classic denim jacket gets an almost unrecognizable makeover on this amazing, vintage-inspired coat. Curved seams, large buttons, and contrast polka dot trim make this feminine-cut piece a real head turner.
10. Chambray Box Pleat Skirt ($73): The thick pleats on this designer chambray skirt add both volume and visual interest below the waist. We love how it’s styled with a preppy striped boat neck.
11. Kimono Sleeve Sweater Dress ($88): Solid and patterned panels complete this minimal denim-colored sweater dress. Wide, kimono-inspired sleeves make it unlike any dress we’ve seen!
12. Denim Skater Dress With Lace Insert ($76): Honestly, we suggest dipping into the denim trend head first in this sweet ensamble. This denim skater dress is flirty, femme, and fun!
Denim Bowtie Dog Collar ($42): Bow-nus! We wouldn’t dare leave your pooch out of this trend! This denim bowtie dog collar will undoubtedly make any dog the most dapper yapper. ;)
Have you tried this daring denim trend? What pieces are your favorite? Tell us in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?
We turned to trusted intimates brand Adore Me to set us straight on trends for the year ahead, featuring size-inclusive bodysuits, romantic bustiers, lacy babydoll styles, and everything in between. Luxe sets start at $24.95 with free shipping and exchanges, and if you're not sure what style would work best for you, Adore Me has an at-home styling service called the Elite Box. You can try everything on from the comfort and safety of your home, keep what you love, and send back the rest totally hassle-free. Need more to pique your interest? Scroll ahead to see the silky lingerie and loungewear pieces we're adding to our cart.
Adore Me Svana Contour Set ($24.95): You can't go wrong with this playful satin cherry print and lace design.
Adore Me Luana Camisole & Short Set ($24.95): It was about time for a PJ upgrade, and this silky set is perfect for sweet dreamin' and lounging around the house.
Adore Me Gynger Unlined Set ($24.95): Va-va-voom! Hands-down the sexiest piece in the collection, this bra boasts a fiery red bow and skin-showing cups — literally confidence in a bra!
Adore Me Evetta Unlined Set ($24.95): This barely-there flouncy lace set is for when you'd almost rather wear nothing at all.
Adore Me Desirae Robe ($24.95): Take your self-care to the next level with this so-soft robe with subtle lace detailing.
Adore Me Clarisse Unlined Bodysuit ($24.95): This floral lace bodysuit with adjustable attached garters is straight out of our lingerie fantasy.
Adore Me Charlize Unlined Set ($24.95): If plum is more your power color, you'll love this sheer lace set.
Adore Me Helene Cheeky Plus (5 for $20): Our underwear drawer needs a little TLC too, and these comfy undies with coverage are the answer.
Adore Me Kaia Contour Plus Set ($24.95): Cutouts are all the rage, so why not have them in your underwear too?
Adore Me Kaia Contour Set ($24.95): Oh, and it comes in fire engine red — yes, please!
Adore Me Clarisse Bodysuit ($24.95): If you weren't sure about bodysuits, let this classic style change your mind.
Adore Me Corina Push Up Bustier ($24.95): Like more volume in the cleavage area? This sexy corset situation is for you.