Create a Stylin’ Leather Case for Your Favorite Sunnies
You have your trendy sunnies. Now you need a rockin’ place to keep them safe. DIY your own leather pouch that’s *so* easy to complete. All it takes is a little cutting and sewing to create a fabulous case to impress your friends. Better yet, make a few and gift your pals for a sweet end-of-summer surprise. Find out the how-to below!
- leather fabric square
- fabric marker
- 2 clamps
- thick, colored thread
- large needle
- Trace your template.
- Cut along the lines with the scissors.
- Fold the leather into place.
- Fasten with a clamp on each side.
- Add stitches to hold the fold.
- Embellish with whip stitches along the edge.
- Make a tassel. (Place incisions in a small swatch of leather, roll, and secure with glue. Attach to a long, skinny strip of leather fabric. Repeat two times.)
- Lace the tassel through the pouch flap and tie.
What style DIYs are you obsessing over? Tag us in them @BritandCo!
(Photos via Brittany Griffin / Brit + Co; Styling by Alonna Morrison)