The Street Style-Approved Way to Wear Cropped Flare Pants RN
Like most trends we never thought we’d wear again, flares are making a major comeback, but this time around they’re going to whole new lengths to attract attention. And by that we mean they’ve joined forces with the ever-coveted cropped jean to create a entirely new breed of It girl-approved pants. Questioning the viability of the cropped flare? The eight Instababes below will banish all doubts.
1. Decorated Duds: Extravagant military jackets and sleek lace-up boots lend a posh and polished feel to otherwise free-spirited cropped flares.
2. Lovely in Leather: Cropped doesn’t necessarily mean casual. Swap out distressed denim in favor of chic leather for an ensemble that is equal parts edgy and sophisticated.
3. Long Lines: Contrast stitching adds texture and drama to dark denim for a result that’s short, sweet, and undeniably elegant. A high-collared wrap coat and stilettos deliver plenty of FROW flair.
4. Well-Suited: Tired of your tried-and-true office duds? Shake up the status quo with a jewel tone suit with an oversized jacket and button-trimmed cropped flares. Corner office approved? You better believe it.
5. French Girl Flares: Take a page out of Instababe Adenorah’s style book and team dark flares with a beret, turtleneck, and tweed boyfriend blazer for an effortless Gallic getup.
6. All Ruffled Up: Take the trend one step further by embracing bold ruffles or statement fringe. Let the frills speak for themselves by keeping the rest of your outfit simple, or go all out with a bright printed blouse or fanciful collar.
7. Cozy and Cropped: Test driving new trends doesn’t have to mean estranging yourself from your off-duty uniform. Flares fly under the radar sans problem when styled alongside classic kicks, a snuggly teddy jacket, and turtleneck.
8. Check It Out: Forget the gym — make rocking this sartorially sound combo your New Year’s resolution. The layered leather top and eye-catching cropped trousers make for an OOTD any Instababe would swoon over.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!