The Under-$100 IKEA Pendant Lamp We’ve Been Seeing EVERYWHERE
Updating your lighting to something a little more modern and trendy doesn’t have to cost a fortune. IKEA’s SINNERLIG pendant is easy on the eyes and — staying true to the retailer’s pricing ethos — costs a fraction of other lighting fixtures on the market. And bonus: there’s no IKEA hack needed! Scroll on to see how you can make this budget-friendly piece work in your space.
The bamboo shade was created by London-based designer Ilse Crawford. The woven material emits a glow when the lamp is illuminated and casts a pattern to the ceiling and walls thanks to the lattice pattern. And bonus: Each gorgeous pendant is handmade, so no two are alike.
We’re totally not alone in our adoration of this unique, budget-friendly shade — we’ve been seeing this statement pendant shining bright in tons of different rooms paired with tons of different decor styles!
1. Living Room Pattern Play: The natural materials of the shade work with any color scheme in the living room. And the woven pattern plays well with the other patterns and shapes, from geometric rugs to angular sofas.
2. Kitchen Island Glow: Reviewers say the light adds a nice glow to their space, making it an ideal choice for kitchen island placement.
3. Dining Area Lighting: Giant, super-bright pendants generally aren’t a good choice for the dining area. It’s best to install a piece that provides low light and hangs high enough that it doesn’t obstruct the view from across the table. Adjusting the height above the table makes this pendant *just right* for this area.
4. Jungle BFF: The natural texture of the SINNERLIG makes it an A+ choice to pair with your lush indoor plants. Install it in a corner of the room with your garden for a gorgeous plant-and-pattern combo.
5. Small Space Staple: This bamboo shade isn’t just a living room statement — it’s just as versatile in smaller rooms! Adjust the drop height and you’ll find that it will work in your tiny home or RV (as shown above).
6. Bedroom Mood Lighting: This pendant works best in a room with a lot of natural light, as the light shining through makes the texture really pop. Pair it with bold graphic patterns and natural furniture to pull the entire look together.
7. Study Statement: It’s hard to believe that a textured bamboo pendant can be so versatile. It meshes so well with the modern table and chairs and still looks right at home with the built-in shelving.
8. Outdoor Cluster: Bamboo is insanely durable and a great option for keeping on a patio, as long as the light itself is protected from the elements. The natural look of the pendants complements wood accents of the patio and the movement from the Acapulco chairs.
Would you give SINNERLIG a try in your space? Follow us on Pinterest for the scoop on more budget-friendly buys!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.