12 Fitness Instagrammers That’ll Inspire You to Shape Up
Maybe you’ve found yourself binge viewing #foodporn on a Saturday night and you’re ready for an Insta-feed that’s less of a guilty pleasure. Why not grab some fitness tips from some Insta-pros? After finding these accounts, we found ourselves pretty inspired and ready to rev up our fitness routine. Who knew healthy could start with a double tap?
1. @camilleforwildcat: Camille Brown is a weightlifter, acrobat and all-around mighty woman. This girl has got some Jillian-Michaels-level muscle action going on. She’ll have you pumping iron before you know it.
2. @amandabisk: She was once a pole vaulter for Australia, but since an unfortunate medical diagnosis, Amanda Bisk had to set her sights on reevaluating her athletic goals. Scrolling through her feed though, compromise is not a common theme. Instead, her pics show her insane strength and inclination for beach adventures.
3. @thefitnesscloset: So you get in shape to feel good and look good, but what about looking good while you’re getting in shape? This Instagram is for finding your next new killer duds to make going to the gym less of a chore and more of a fashion statement. Whatever gets you there, right?
4. @spirituallyfly: Faith Hunter owns her own yoga studio in Washington D.C. Throughout her feed, you can see her living out her Spiritually Fly™ philosophy and celebrating all aspects of her life including her adorable shih tzus. Also, we can’t get enough of that orange wall.
5. @ashruns100s: Ashley Ringo Walsh is an ultra-runner which doesn’t mean she just really, really likes running. She does in fact really, really like running, but an ultra-runner runs 100-mile races. 100 MILES! You can catch her and her kiddos running through the woods no doubt covering distances our feet can only dream of.
6. @pocketdwarf: This yoga mommy takes her poses all over the place. From a serene mountaintop to the middle of bustling Times Square, Melissa Lee is one fearless yogi.
8. @eatprayimprove: This young fitness guru knows good food. Turns out, healthy doesn’t mean eating lettuce for every single meal. Who knew? Antonia Eriksson‘s feed is full of healthy eats for a sustainably healthy lifestyle. Down with the binge diet!
9. @gypsetgoddess: Her name is Caitlin Turner but you can call her Gypset Goddess. She’s a yoga teacher and blogger who’s recently taken on acroyoga. What’s acroyoga? It’s when yoga gets acrobatic. Teams of at least two people basically perform the yoga equivalent of Cirque Du Soleil and Caitlin’s feed is full of it.
10. @davidkirsch: David Kirsch is a wellness coach whose feed is full of great food and helpful workout videos. What’s even cooler is that he’s Kate Upton’s trainer! Sure, we’ll take a Kate Upton bod. Why not?
11. @barbarajean_yoga: Ready for your daily yoga pose? Barbara Fitzgerald’s got it, along with an insanely awesome collection of yoga clothes complete with colorblocking, tie dye and floral prints. She’s a yogi after our own hearts.
12. @nikerunning: Who knows fitness better than Nike? This might be our favorite Nike Insta account. Something about seeing people run all around the world makes it seem like we’re all in this fitness thing together!
What are your favorite types of inspiring Instagram accounts? Share your faves on Instagram by tagging @britandco!
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!