Morning Buzz! Matt Damon Crashing the Emmys to Roast Jimmy Kimmel for Losing Was EVERYTHING + More
— Good Morning America (@GMA) September 19, 2016
1. We cannot stop watching this. The friendly “feud” between these two goes back a WHOLE DECADE at this point, when Jimmy once ran out of time and Matt got bumped from appearing on his show, and they’ve traded jabs back and forth ever since. Last night, after Jimmy lost the Best Variety Talk Series Emmy to Jon Oliver, Matt walked on stage casually eating an apple and throwing shade left and right. “I missed the last category, did you win?” Matt asked, before Jimmy answered, “No, we didn’t win, alright?” in an annoyed tone. The whole bit was a surprise highlight of the show.
— Writerw/outacause (@freakyfangirl8) September 19, 2016
2. Tatiana Maslany finally got her Emmy and the Internet MELTED. DOWN. Tatiana is thought to have been robbed of her Emmy last year, so fans felt vindicated when the Orphan Black star won this year. Before the cult star could even finish her adorable acceptance speech, Twitter and Tumblr were out of control with happy tears and screaming. Congrats to Tatiana, but more so, you crazy fans. Never change.
If I'm watching…?? If I'm WATCHING???
YES, I'm watching–!!!
good LORD! …
I LOVE you!!! pic.twitter.com/63341mz81C
— Holland Taylor (@HollandTaylor) September 18, 2016
3. Sarah Paulson and GF Holland Taylor’s sweet Emmys exchange is total #RelationshipGoals. Sarah Paulson had a pretty sweet Emmys, (deservedly) winning for her portrayal as head prosecutor Marcia Clark in The People Vs. OJ Simpson. She took Marcia as her date (OMG), but still made sure to say hi to her GF Taylor while on the red carpet. “Hi Holland,” she said. ‘If you’re watching, Holland Taylor, I love you.” Holland FREAKED out, tweeting, “If I’m WATCHING??? YES, I’m watching!!!” and saying she loved her back. Taylor tweeted and retweeted congrats to her boo all night after her win too. TOO CUTE.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by kristen bell (@kristenanniebell) on
4. Kristen Bell eating pizza at the Emmys is all of us. “The shading on my chin tonight was courtesy of @pizzasauce,” Kristen captioned a pic of herself snacking on some ‘za. Same.
5. OMG: Tom Hiddleswift says him and Tay are still friends. A newly single Tom attended the Emmys solo last night, pulling double duty as a presenter and a nominee for Outstanding Lead Actor in Limited Series or Movie (The Night Manager). He seemed in great spirits and told People, when they couldn’t help but ask, that they were indeed still friends. “Yes. Yes, we are,” he said with a smile. We’ll take it. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
6. Quote of the day: “We’re together and we’re figuring out our next steps. There’s definitely some fireworks there. There’s stuff going on, let me tell you.” Scott Patterson — aka Luke from Gilmore Girls — gives Bustle a hint as to how we’ll see Luke and Lorelai play out on the GG reboot, before also saying they have a very healthy sex life. DYING.
What did you think of the Emmys last night? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty)
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)