1. We cannot stop watching this. The friendly “feud” between these two goes back a WHOLE DECADE at this point, when Jimmy once ran out of time and Matt got bumped from appearing on his show, and they’ve traded jabs back and forth ever since. Last night, after Jimmy lost the Best Variety Talk Series Emmy to Jon Oliver, Matt walked on stage casually eating an apple and throwing shade left and right. “I missed the last category, did you win?” Matt asked, before Jimmy answered, “No, we didn’t win, alright?” in an annoyed tone. The whole bit was a surprise highlight of the show.
2. Tatiana Maslany finally got her Emmy and the Internet MELTED. DOWN. Tatiana is thought to have been robbed of her Emmy last year, so fans felt vindicated when the Orphan Black star won this year. Before the cult star could even finish her adorable acceptance speech, Twitter and Tumblr were out of control with happy tears and screaming. Congrats to Tatiana, but more so, you crazy fans. Never change.
3. Sarah Paulson and GF Holland Taylor’s sweet Emmys exchange is total #RelationshipGoals. Sarah Paulson had a pretty sweet Emmys, (deservedly) winning for her portrayal as head prosecutor Marcia Clark in The People Vs. OJ Simpson. She took Marcia as her date (OMG), but still made sure to say hi to her GF Taylor while on the red carpet. “Hi Holland,” she said. ‘If you’re watching, Holland Taylor, I love you.” Holland FREAKED out, tweeting, “If I’m WATCHING??? YES, I’m watching!!!” and saying she loved her back. Taylor tweeted and retweeted congrats to her boo all night after her win too. TOO CUTE.
4. Kristen Bell eating pizza at the Emmys is all of us. “The shading on my chin tonight was courtesy of @pizzasauce,” Kristen captioned a pic of herself snacking on some ‘za. Same.
5. OMG: Tom Hiddleswift says him and Tay are still friends. A newly single Tom attended the Emmys solo last night, pulling double duty as a presenter and a nominee for Outstanding Lead Actor in Limited Series or Movie (The Night Manager). He seemed in great spirits and told People, when they couldn’t help but ask, that they were indeed still friends. “Yes. Yes, we are,” he said with a smile. We’ll take it. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
6. Quote of the day: “We’re together and we’re figuring out our next steps. There’s definitely some fireworks there. There’s stuff going on, let me tell you.” Scott Patterson — aka Luke from Gilmore Girls — gives Bustle a hint as to how we’ll see Luke and Lorelai play out on the GG reboot, before also saying they have a very healthy sex life. DYING.
What did you think of the Emmys last night? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty)