Morning Buzz: The Details of How Kim Kardashian Survived Being Tied Up and Robbed Are Terrifying + More
Details are starting to emerge from Kim’s robbery, and it tops today’s news items. Check that and more out below.
1. Kim Kardashian has been staying quiet following her scary armed robbery in Paris early Monday morning, but sources close to the family are speaking out, and the details being revealed are absolutely horrifying. As a warning: Disturbing details follow. “Kim was tied up, and gagged with duct tape wrapped around her head,” the source told People. “They put plastic ties around her wrists but she managed to squeeze her hands out of the wrist ties by wriggling her hands. She was hysterical but not screaming as she knew she had to keep quiet to survive.” The source also said that Kim had a gun to her head the whole time. Absolutely terrifying. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
2. OMG: An IRL Luke’s Diner might be coming to your ‘hood. That’s right, you can drink coffee like a true Gilmore Girl on October 5, when Netflix will turn 250 cafes across the United States and Canada into Like’s Diners for one day, according to Eater. The locations, which will apparently be outfitted with “all the Luke’s Diner essentials,” including branded aprons and tees (though no word of a Luke), will be serving a limited amount of free coffee. Limited coffee? How very un-Gilmore. Check to see if there’s a location near you at townofstarshollow.org.
3. Mindy Kaling just underwent a drastic hair change and it’s giving us major bob envy. We’re huge fans of Mindy’s soft ombre curls, but this sleek, deep-side-parted long bob looks amazing. *Books hair appointment*
4. Melissa Etheridge slams Angelina Jolie while defending her old friend Brad Pitt. She’s certainly not mincing words, either. “It breaks my heart that anyone would take something as personal as your marriage and your relationship and your rights to your children and do it as purposefully as I see it’s being done,” Melissa told Andy Cohen on his Sirius XM radio show. At one time the singer and Brad were very close — she even sang at his and Jennifer Aniston’s wedding — and though they haven’t seen each other in about 10 years now, Melissa still sides with Brad over what she calls “unfounded” claims in his and Angelina’s divorce. (Photo via Jason Kempin/Getty)
5. Did you need a reminder of love and good in the world to start your day? Here, take this sweet post Barack Obama dedicated to Michelle on their 24th anniversary. You’re welcome.
6. Quote of the day: “Animals are such agreeable friends ― they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.” A classic George Eliot quote to celebrate #WorldAnimalDay.
Are you an animal lover? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)