10 Favors You *Need* for Your Royal Wedding Viewing Party
If you’ve been counting down the days — no, minutes — until Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s royal wedding, than it’s safe to assume we’ll find you stationed in front of your TV on May 19. Of course, the moments of seeing Markle step out in her much-anticipated wedding dress or scanning the crowd for celebrity guests is all the sweeter surrounded by good friends. If you’re hosting a viewing party, complete with English breakfast tea and tiny pastries, scroll down for our favorites favors.
1. Jazzdoodles Princess Diana, Kate and Meghan T-Shirt ($25): You’re on a first-name basis. Celebrate the latest addition to the royal family with this fab shirt that proves it.
2. LuckyGirlHairTies Crown Party Favor Bag ($1 Each): Fill this crown-embossed bag with little treats — or confetti to throw when the newlyweds leave St. George’s Chapel?
3. BigDotOfHappiness Princess Crown Mini Candy Bar Wrappers ($9 for 20): Wrap these personalized wrappers around some bite-sized chocolates to satisfy the sweet tooth of all your hungry princesses.
4. Coulson Macleod Royal Wedding 2018 Commemorative Mug ($15 Each): With a 7am ET call time, some caffeine — in a commemorative mug, of course — is going to be critical.
5. Confetti Joy Personalized Wedding Tea Bag Favors ($35 for 30): Tea and crumpets, anyone? Let guests serve themselves with a customized take on a breakfast staple.
6. Felizhouse Fascinator Hats for Women ($9 Each): Help your BFFs play with British fashions with these oh-so-fun fascinators.
7. The Happy Ginger Co Royal Wedding Watching Party Crowns ($24 for 6): No tiara for you? Rock these crowns decked out in fun phrases to celebrate the day instead.
8. Riley Bakes Custom Decorated “Tea Party” Sugar Cookies ($36 for 12): We love the idea of hosting a good old-fashioned tea party to commemorate the morning, and it wouldn’t be complete without an array of pretty, decorative, and delicious treats like these.
9. U.S. Toy Dozen Miniature Gold and Silver Party Crowns ($14): Never pass up the chance to wear a crown. These sparkly minis have a chin strap to make sure they stay put.
10. XOXO Label Co Mini Champagne Wedding Favor Labels ($15 for 8): Breakfast bubbly is *always* a good idea, especially for such a long-awaited day. Add these labels customized for Harry, Meghan, and all your favorite fangirls to a mini bottle of champers and your guests will never forget the day (as if).
How are you celebrating the royal wedding? Let us know @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)