It’s that time of year again—here in San Francisco, at least—when we’ve officially packed away our beanies and welcome the warm(er) sun to shine on down on our domes. But we have to admit, after wearing a cap for what seems like an eternal winter (thanks, polar vortex!) it’s kind of feeling bare up there. So we’re turning to a springier solution: breezy woven hats that come in all shapes (fedora, bonnet, riding cap) and colors—ohh! now we’ve got your attention! Browse this season’s best right here.
1. Color Block Braid Fedora Hat ($37): Color blocks don’t ALL have to be bold to work: this tri-colored fedora shows how two neutral bands of color can totally compliment a single pop of color, like this fuschia brim.
2. Roberto Cavalli Beachwear Hat ($205): See what a beaded band can do to a plain straw hat? Boring to bombshell in seconds.
3. Eugenia Kim Genie Straw Mod Cap ($60): So, we’re kind of obsessed with this Mod girl riding cap. The vintage-inspired shape looks totally fresh made of navy straw and lined with ribbon. It’s a style risk we’d totally take.
4. Boucle Stripe Boater ($318): Now this is the way to rock a bow on a straw cap! As if the faded stripes weren’t enough to make this boater hat fabulous, a studded bow takes it to super chic levels.
5. Free People Ombre Straw Rancher Hat ($38): This roped rancher hat screams RnR. Toss this number on with cropped pants and a pastel blouse at your next garden party.
6. Kate Spade New York Lemon Embroidered Straw Fedora ($98): Sunny citrus fruit and a woven hat make such a heavenly match. We have to say, embroidering a straw hat is a GENIUS move—can you sense that it’s total DIY inspiration? ;)
7. Sundance Fedora ($288): Who knew a straw hat could look so darn glam? This starry sequined band sure does the trick on this flipped brim number.
8. Packable Fedora ($24): Classic silhouette. Modern color. Need we say more?
9. Paul Smith Pink Dot Straw Hat ($158): Everything looks cuter with polka dots, including this masculine trilby hat. We’d take it one step further and spray paint that woven band a striking silver!
10. Marseilles Diagonal Weave Floppy Hat ($43): So floppy hats generally are more of a summer thing, but this black and “white” number wouldn’t at all look out of place paired with spring’s most iconic pieces—just imagine it topping off a light-wash jean jacket or a modern trench.
11. Tied Coral Cloche ($32): This preppy bucket hat is to die for—that sherbert stripe! The loose-tied leather cord! It’s the perfect headdress for an occasion like Easter Sunday brunch.
12. Cat Craze Bowler Hat ($11): Meow! Sure it’s totally trendy, but how else would you expect to shoot straight to It Girl status? Rock it with a bold red lip and, of course, a flirty cat eye.
13. Genie By Eugenia Kim Billie Wide-Brimmed Straw Fedora ($90): The colors of the geo ribbon totally bring out the brilliant nutty color of this beautiful wide-brimmed fedora. We know what hat we’re wearing all weekend long!
14. Ombre Sun Hat ($38): Is it just us or does the upturned brim on this sun hat remind also you of ‘90s sitcom darling Blossom? But the ombre fade keeps this hat as modern-leaning as possible after putting that throwback imagery in your head.
15. Gem Jewel Neon Trilby ($37): Stop it. A bejeweled brim? It totally works on this soft woven trilby hat, and especially on that bright neon band!
16. AEO Printed Straw Fedora ($20): Neutral hats step back: this black painted fedora is all that. The contrast weaving makes it a stellar spring statement piece.
Which warm(er) weather hats would you don this spring? Tell us in the comments below.