Mason jars might be everywhere in the DIY world, but we still can’t get enough. Whether they’re acting as glasses, candle holders, or vases, they always manage to add a homespun country vibe to just about any project. Well this week’s food focus is all about the jar and a whole bunch of culinary ways to get creative with it. Here are a dozen such recipes that also happen to be perfect for the holidays.
1. Blueberry Pancake in a Jar: Did you know you can cook pancakes in a jar? Amazing! So fun for a Sunday morning breakfast in bed. (Recipe and photo: Boy & the Rabbit)
2. Mason Jar Peach Parfait: You’ve likely seen this move in hipster coffee shops all over the country. A parfait any other way couldn’t possibly look so sweet! (Recipe and photo: Cait’s Plate)
3. Basil Strawberry Lemonade Granitas: For a yummy make-ahead frozen treat, mason jars are the perfect home for a batch of strawberry lemonade granitas. (Recipe and photo: Family Kitchen)
4. Chicken Salad in a Jar: Perhaps the inspiration for those salad cups McDonald’s was selling a few years ago? But WAY healthier, and cuter to boot. (Recipe and photo: Newlyweds Blog)
5. Crunchy Vegan Bliss: For a bunch of veggie-tastic crunch, throw all your favorite raw veggies and crispy grains in a jar. Keep the dressing on the side until you’re ready to serve. (Recipe and photo: Healthy Happy Life)
6. Lemon Meringue Pie Cups: Ok these look insanely delicious. Love that the jars happen to be a little bit lemon-shaped. (Recipe and photo: A Cup of Sugar… A Pinch of Salt)
7. Greek and Caprese Pasta: For another prepped meal, keep all the ingredients for pasta salad (or warm pasta) in jars. (Recipe and photo: The Daily Muse)
8. Mini Apple Pie: SO cute! Shown as favors for a wedding, these mini apple pies make use of teeny tiny canning jars and would be great holiday gifts. Also great to make a batch if you’ve got a lot of parties to attend and want to give homemade hostess gifts. (Recipe and photo: The Boastful Baker)
9. Mailable Mini Chess Pie: The good old chess pie is one that lasts longer than your average pie, even while traveling. (Recipe and photo: Brit + Co.)
10. Cupcakes in a Jar: This trend is still playful as ever, and really fun if you’re traveling and want to throw a birthday cake in your purse. (Recipe and photo: Glorious Treats)
11. Blackberry Lemon Goat Cheesecake: Love the fresh berries in this one, and the layered look. Stay tuned for our own take on cheesecake in a jar tomorrow! (Recipe and photo: Dash of East)
12. S’mores Cake in a Jar: And last, s’mores in a jar! Obviously. (Recipe and photo: How Sweet It Is)
Have you cooked any delicious treats in a jar? We’d love to see photos. Share links with us in the comments below or over on Facebook or Twitter.