We love our nights out, but nights in can be so much more romantic. Cook up a bunch of you and your sweetie’s favorite dishes and desserts, create a love-filled tablescape, and you’re one step closer to that perfect Valentine’s night. Here are 12 such settings to inspire your own homespun style.
1. Love is Gold: Go bold or go home! (via The Little Big Company)
2. Paper Boats: Of course, you could just go for classic pink romance with a few Scrabble tiles scattered here and there ;) (via Stylizimo)
3. Red Tulips + Prints: Classic crimsons and reds are to sure win your Valentine over. (via Mochatini)
4. Summery Scene: Create a rather European-looking summer scene in the middle of winter by taking cues from this sweet setup. (via French Larkspur)
5. Kraft Paper Party: When in doubt, you can always turn to kraft paper and cardboard. (via Elle Decoration)
6. Xoxo: Kind of Gossip Girl’s dream tablescape, right? (via Ruffled Blog)
7. Kid’s Table: The red mail bag? Too flippin’ cute! (via Hip Hip Hooray)
8. Newsprint + Gold: A more modern palette for romance, we love all these gold and gray hearts. (via Shauna Mailloux)
9. Carnations on the Deck: Colorful carnations can add an instant pop to an evening scene. (via One Wed)
10. Love is Sweet: Forget the whole meal – this dessert table is a surefire way to tell your special someone how sweet it is to be loved be you. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
11. Emerald Love: Straight from Emerald City comes this gorgeous scene. Pantone’s official color for 2013 would definitely approve. (via Amy Atlas)
12. Streamer Tablecloth: How genius is this tablecloth made of streamers? Love the bright orange and pink tones. (via Santa Barbara Chic)
How will you celebrate Valentine’s Day this year? Any fun and creative ideas we should know about? Talk to us in the comments below.