Feel like your home is missing that cool, vintage-chic factor? To give your home that je ne sais quoi, we’ll let you in on a little design secret: The online estate sale marketplace Everything But the House has vintage antiques that can add a serious dose of character and personality to your home. The online shopping site brings estate sales to you without the hassle of shopping estate sales IRL. The way it works is EBTH uses an online auction system to determine the price just like eBay, except the site is still pretty unknown to the masses, so some sales end at extremely reasonable or generous prices. We’re talking Hollywood Regency brass tables and designer chairs for less than $100 — sometimes even $5, which is less than you might pay for a coffee. After a bid closes, EBTH takes care of payment, and your new favorite item gets delivered right to your door.
While we’re still waiting eagerly for EBTH to feature estate sales from New York City and San Francisco (on the site it says estate sales from these cities are “coming soon” — and they couldn’t come any sooner!), we’ve been enjoying browsing the site regularly for vintage treasures. Scroll on to see some of our favorites below, and their winning bid price.
1. Lamino Chair by Yngve Ernstrom for Swedes (SOLD for $525): A lust-worthy leather lounge chair is what every mid-century modern home needs. Add a couple of plants, a side table and a stack of books and magazines to create a picturesque reading nook of your own!
2. Set of Three Brass and Glass Nesting Tables (SOLD for $57, set of three): There’s something about rich brass that has us falling in love every time. Add a touch of glam and shine to your living room with a set of brass and glass nesting tables.
3. Pair of Thonet Side Chairs (SOLD for $145, set of two): These Marcel Breuer-style Cesca chairs have been on our radar for a good reason. The modern curves and industrial steel mixed with delicate cane seating is hard to resist — and perfect for any ’70s-inspired dwelling.
4. Handwoven Kazak Kilim (SOLD for $380): Gone are the days of plain and patternless rugs. Bring some fun vibrancy to your home with a vintage kilim rug that’s full of color, pattern and personality.
5. R. Tomlin Original Acrylic Painting on Canvas of Bathtub (SOLD for $47): We’re crazy about gallery walls and, overall, all kinds of wall decor. Build a unique art collection with vintage originals that cost less than half of what you’d find at an art show.
6. Bamboo Coffee Table (SOLD for $55): If you’re a bohemian at heart or your decor style exudes laid-back West Coast vibes, we couldn’t think of a chicer statement coffee table than this bamboo find. Throw a few metals into the rest of your decor to give it a boho glam vibe.
7. Brass Container With Agate Top and Malachite Box (SOLD for $40): Want to perfect your #shelfie game? Store your little knick-knacks and create an eye-catching bookshelf with these colorful and oh-so-’70s agate boxes.
8. Primitive Pine Stool (SOLD for $31): EBTH has so many vintage stools to choose from, but we personally love the look and feel of handmade wood pieces. Shop for worn-in wood furniture to bring home some of their history and charm.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Everything but the House)