Sick of always needing to ask your best friend’s brother who happens to be a carpenter to help you fix things in your apartment? Or not sure what wall color will look good with your couch? What about how to fix a button on your favorite jacket? Here are 10 apps that can act as your virtual Mr. (or Mrs.) Fix-It, all from your smartphone!
2. Handy Man: This may not be the prettiest app on the list, but it is definitely one of the handiest. In this app you can keep track of measurements by room, can list out projects and tasks you need to do for each room, and can learn to do things like install a tile floor. ($1.99 on iPhone)
3. iHandy Carpenter: You’ve likely seen an app or two that acts as a level, but this includes a ruler, protractor, plumb bob, bubble leveler, and surface leveler all in the palm of your hand. ($1.99 on iPhone/iPad)
4. Home Decorator: Now, what about testing out those colors? What stands out about this app is the ability to take a photo of a room and virtually paint the walls. Reviews on this one are spotty at best, and there doesn’t seem to be one that’s much better… yet. ($0.99 on iPhone)
5. Benjamin Moore Color Capture: After testing out each color, it’s time to come up with a color palette for each room. This app from Benjamin Moore lets you take a photo and pull colors out of it that match up with Benjamin Moore paint chips. (Free on iPhone andAndroid) See also: Behr, Sherwin Williams.
6. The Home Depot: So you’ve got all the colors picked out, pictures framed, and furniture purchased. Now how are you going to put it together? This simple app lets you research over 300,000 products, chef store inventory and aisle location, and it’s easy to scan QR and UPC codes in the store if you want to remember something. Plus you can buy on the app and pick up in store. Love it. (Free on iPhone and Android)
10. Space Planning Tool: If you’re dealing with lots of rooms and love hitting up the flea market for good finds, you need an on-the-go floor plan. This lets you lay everything out and is super easy to use. ($2.99 on iPhone)
11. Photo Measures: If you prefer photos to floor plans, simply take photos of your home and add measurements on top of each picture. For example, snap a pic of your coffee table and then add measurements. So easy! ($4.99 on iPhone)
What are your go-to apps for home repair, decor, and organization? Share links with us in the comments below!