11 Mega Hard Game Apps to Keep You Busy
As the Pokemon Go craze fizzles out and we sadly start heading back to work after our summer vacay, we’re looking for the next hot game to download on our personal phones. And while there are definitely days when we need an anxiety calming app, there’s also times when we need to work out a bad day on a game that seems impossible to beat. Here are a few of our fave games to play when we’re looking for a challenge.
1. Snakebird: If you’re looking for that one game that will have you screaming at the top of your lungs, this is it. An incredibly challenging puzzle game, its gorgeous graphics just might be the only thing to keep you sane throughout.
2. Six!: There’s no doubt about it: This app is the next Flappy Bird. Although the concept is simple (tap the blocks evenly so the hexagon doesn’t fall off the sides), it will definitely have you crying out in frustration after a few short minutes.
3. Outfolded: This game is for all the origami lovers out there. Basically, the goal is to unfold a complex shape to create a singular path toward the finish line. But be warned: It’s hella addicting.
4. Voez: Remember the good old days of Guitar Hero? Well, this hot new game is potentially even harder (yes, it is possible!) and conveniently available for free on your smartphone.
5. Minion Rush: Who could possibly get mad at adorable little yellow monsters? Oh, you can… when playing this impossible endless running game.
6. The Impossible Letter Game: It’s the simplicity of this game that makes it so darn frustrating. All you have to do is find the one letter that’s different in the spread — but after several minutes of looking for the anomaly, your brain (and your ego) will definitely take a hit.
7. Pop the Lock: Do you remember those old-school arcade games where you had to press a button exactly as the light flashed over the 100 mark to win a slinky worth of tickets? Well, in this version, you simply have to tap your phone every time the red light flashes over the yellow dot to pop the lock open and win the game. Oh, and did we mention that there’s a bazillion levels?
8. Candy Crush Soda Saga: Following the mega popular Candy Crush gold mine, this new addicting and impossible game introduces new items like soda and bubblegum to make the series even MORE challenging.
9. Two Dots: Don’t be fooled by the instructions — this game is not “simple” at all. Combining an easy-to-understand concept (connect the dots to win the game) with tons of hidden features and over 800 levels, it’s one of those games that you can play for hours and hours.
10. NYTimes Crossword: We’ve all said that we were going to start doing the NY Times crossword before work, but after erasing the same answer five times… let’s just say our motivation isn’t as high as it once was. This app might take the erasing out, but all the challenge is still there.
DL It: Free on iOS
11. Rubek: A simple concept with beautiful graphics, this easy-to-understand game should not be played in front of children (AKA it will make you curse like a sailor). As a bonus though, it has a specific mode designed specifically for color blindness, so yay for inclusivity!
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
Have you tried to play any of these impossible games? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo.
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.