11 Wooden Wearables
We adore just about everything involving wood, woodgrain, and/or wooden details. Whether it's in the form of a crazy aisle at your wedding or a JackBack panel on your iPhone, wood, thankfully, isn't going anywhere. And now, you can wear it!
1. Outlaw Brown Wood Helmet ($30): The jury's out on whether this helmet involves actual wood or just a synthetic imitation, but it's pretty awesome and would look totally at home on bike riders here in SF.
2. Wood Tie ($36): Made in San Francisco from reclaimed wood, each of these wood ties is totally unique and totally chic. Each tie is held together by an elastic cord that runs lengthwise through the tie and around your shirt collar. Hello spring wedding season!
3. Herrlicht Wood Frames: Yes, these are just the perfect amount of earthy and hipster all in one pair of glasses. Check the site for where you can buy them locally.
Shwood specializes in wood sunglasses – each pair is handcrafted in Portland. These classic panto-shaped glasses feature a wood frame and keyhole bridge. Sort of like Warby Parker, woodified.
5. Argyle Bow Tie ($42): The Good Wood tie is GOOD! The argyle print combines vintage design with rustic charm. A good alternative to the wood tie, and would look pretty fetching on gals as well.
6. Hand Inlayed Wooden Utility Knife ($72): Ok not exactly a wearable, these gorgeous pocket knives are as convenient as they are fashionable. We love the chevron-esque patterns!
7. Leather and Wood Sandals ($355): Wooden clogs have been around for decades, but we've been loving the wooden heels popping up on fashionistas everywhere for the last year or so.
8. Kaku Briefcase: We're on the hunt for where to buy these gorgeous bags, and will let you know as soon as we find them! Each bag is made with Japanese cedar, canvas and leather.
9. Wood Veneer Patchwork Sunglasses of the Month ($199): If one pair of sunglasses just isn't enough, sign up for Spring Sunglasses of the Month! Each pair is made by attaching veneer wood to high quality plastic frame, and is totally waterproof.
10. Wood Clutch ($200): This smokin' bag by French Connection features a rectangular main area with a long length curb chain handle, gold-tone detailing, and an interior zip pocket. Love it!
11. WeWOOD Time Pieces ($120-$139): WeWood's watches are all made of 100 percent natural wood, are hypo-allergenic, and completely free of toxic chemicals. Best of all, WeWood plants one tree for each watch sold.