22 Thoughtful Grandparents Day Gift Ideas Nana and Papa Will LOVE
National Grandparents Day is fast approaching (this Sunday, people!), which means it’s now or never to choose the perfect gifts for your beloved granny and gramps. You want to find a gift that’s personalised, fits in with their hobbies and that they can brag about to all their friends. Send Gma a brand spanking new bakeware set. Or gift your music-loving gramps a legit vinyl record player. Either way, all of these 22 thoughtful gift ideas will have Nana and Papa sending you lots of smooches.
1. Urban Outfitters 3-Piece Bakeware Set ($29): This colorful bakeware set will make Nana’s favorite activity even more fun. Aside from the delightfully bright pops of color, she’s sure to appreciate the chance to trade her old outdated items for new modern ones.
2. Shutterfly Colorful I Love You Mug ($25+): Create one-of-a-kind mugs for your grandparents using Shutterfly. Choose from a variety of templates for personalized mugs that feature photos, patterns, text and more.
3. ModCloth Sparrow the Seeds Magnetic Planter Set ($18): Spruce up their fridge with these adorable sparrow-inspired magnetic planters. Whether they love bird-watching or have the ultimate green thumb, these birdies will be a sweet gift.
4. Amelia Herbertson Monogrammed Meadow Trinket Dish ($12): Give Grandma a pretty trinket dish to store and display her favorite jewelry pieces. No doubt the beautiful floral designs will brighten up her vanity.
5. Uncommon Goods Owl Eyeglasses Holder ($24): They won’t need to worry about accidentally misplacing their glasses anymore thanks to this hoot-iful gift. The holder isn’t just practical, it’s cute too!
6. Rifle Paper Co. Grand Dame Recipe Tin ($38): All of Grandma’s recipes need to go somewhere. Just make sure that somewhere is inside this floral recipe tin. It’s decorative and clutter-containing!
7. The Art of Shaving The 4 Elements of the Perfect Shave ($30): For the grandfather who prides himself on grooming, this Art of Shaving kit will keep his shaving essentials up-to-date. The kit includes a pre-shave oil, shaving cream, after-shave balm and badger shaving brush.
8. ModCloth The Wood Old Days Headphones ($150): Treat your musically-inclined gramps to his favorite tunes with these wooden headphones. Their unique design combines a vintage style with modern technology and ensures whatever music he plays will sound awesome.
9. Kikkerland Swim in the Steep End Tea Infuser ($15): If he loves fishing and tea, this fish-shaped tea infuser is the gift for him. It’ll turn the mundane task of steeping tea into an enjoyable activity. Plus, he can pretend he’s fishing!
10. Ruan Hoffman Jardin Des Plantes Vase ($24+): Gma is sure to appreciate this piece of work from South African artist Ruan Hoffman. It’s just the beautiful and modern vase she needs to add style to any tabletop.
11. Crosley X UO Sterling Vinyl Record Player ($220): If spinning records is one of their favorite ways to wind down, gift them this vinyl record player. They’ll love the vintage-inspired style.
12. Click & Grow Herb Garden Starter Kit ($78): Combine your grandmother’s love for gardening and cooking with this herb garden starter kit. All she’ll have to do is fill the water basin, plug it in and then wait until her basil plants sprout!
13. Sportula Products Universal No. 1 Grandpa Sportula Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Grilling Spatula ($20): Gift the OG BBQ master the spatula he deserves. This stainless steel grill tool features a laser-cut “#1 Grandpa” and bottle opener at the end of the handle.
14. Lord & Lady Co. Hand-Stamped Tie Bar ($40): For the dapper grandpa, this tie bar is sure to keep his style game strong. And the personalized hand-stamped detail? So adorable!
15. Kate Spade Juno 2-Piece Salad Set ($60): Any Nana who’s handy in the kitchen will love a new set of serving utensils. Surprise her with these chic silver-plated Kate Spade salad servers that she can use for serving salad or tossing pasta.
16. Juniper Books Pink Jane Austen Book Set ($225): Appeal to the classics-loving grandmother with this unique Jane Austen book set. The charming pink jackets will add a feminine flair to whatever bookcase she decides to display them in.
17. Shutterfly Scripted Love Fleece Photo Blanket ($70+): Keep them warm this winter with a cozy blanket featuring you and your siblings. This is one they’ll cherish for years to come.
18. Uncommon Goods DIY Canning Set ($49): No one makes sauces and pickled veggies quite like Grandma. So why not gift her a much-needed DIY canning set? She’ll love getting to experiment with recipes and will be able to keep all her foods sealed airtight and fresh.
19. Kim Strassner and Mike Pararas Personalized Cutting Board ($159): Give your grandparents the gift of personalization with this cutting board featuring their first names. They’ll be more than happy to chop all those veggies now.
20. The Goozler The Grandfather T-Shirt ($20): Make your Gpa an offer he can’t refuse with one of these Godfather-inspired tees. It’s THE gift for the Papa with a sense of humor.
21. SharkNinja Nutri Ninja Pro ($58+): If you’re dealing with a grandparent who’s a bit of a health nut, this Ninja blender is the gift to get. Its straightforward design is easy to use and makes eating or drinking healthy a cinch.
22. KitchenAid Professional 5 Qt Mixer ($250): Having to mix baking ingredients gets old fast. Save Grandma or Grandpa a stiff arm with this handy mixer in a bold pop of red.
Which of these gift ideas would your grandparents love most? Follow us on Pinterest for more family gift ideas!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)