Last week we had some fun making an array of cookie cutters on our 3D printer, and we learned a few lessons about sizing, and…cookie dough. :) This week we decided to explore the jewelry options that were out there. We found lots of fun designs for earrings, necklaces, and even a few keychains, but by themselves they were too boring for our taste. So we gave them the Brit + Co. treatment.
They all use techniques we’ve shown you on the site many times, so they’ll be easy to accomplish. And remember, if you don’t have access to a 3D printer, you can pick a design and order it from Shapeways.
1. Heart and Key: We’re going to take a wild guess that a lot of you out there had best friend necklaces as kids. This 3D printed version seemed to be better as a pair of earrings to us. And to make it more chic, we decided to add a few long chains to the mix.
2. At Symbol: Technically this was originally meant to be a keychain, which is why it’s super-sized. But we love it as a long pendant necklace on a braided rope chain. The bright neon colors and silver cylinder beads take this from high tech to high style.
3. Feather Earrings: These were so delicate we decided to keep them just as they were. You’ll need earring hooks, and that’s about it. If you want to add chain like we did with the heart and key, it would be an easy upgrade.
4. Bow Shoe Clips: How cute are these bows for your shoes? They are reminiscent of the ban.do line, but with a more tech feel. To add them to your shoes, simply glue on clip-on earring backs to the flat side of the bow with E-6000 glue. We also added two rounded gold studs on the front to give these shoe clips a little extra something.
5. Pizza Bottle Opener: Three things make this pizza bottle opener a winner in our book. 1. Pizza is the best food ever. 2. Pizza and beer go great together. 3. You always need a bottle opener. We wanted to make this one portable. But instead of just adding a key chain to it, we tacked on a friendship bracelet as well, obviously. Pizza, beer, and friends—the only three things you really need!
Which of these five are your favorite? Tell us in the comments!