What to Make This Weekend: Anthro Coasters, Sequin Candy Bags + More
If Valentine’s Day is not your jam, you might want to look away now, because there are quite a few heart-shaped DIY projects heading your way. But there are also a couple rad decor projects and a tote you need in your life yesterday, so you probably should keep reading. So whether you’re celebrating this weekend with a million red roses and your bae or you’re hiding out with a bottle of wine and your Galentines, here are the 12 DIY projects you should be making this weekend.
1. DIY Chocolate Ring Pops: Bling, bling. These confetti-sprinkled chocolate rings are way better than the store-bought version because, duh, chocolate. Also, edible glitter is probably the coolest thing ever. (via Brit + Co)
2. DIY Chocolate Marbled Valentine’s Bark: That’s right, marbling just got edible. Grab as many Valentine’s sprinkles and candies you can find and apply liberally to this pretty-in-pink chocolate bark. It’s the perf gift for your coworkers or for eating in front of the TV with a cheesy rom-com. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
3. DIY Leather Jewelry Roll: Spring break is coming up faster than you think, and you’re going to need one of these sweet jewelry storage rolls when you book it to the beach. ‘Cause when you’re trotting the globe, you have better things to worry about than tangled necklaces and lost earrings. (via Brit + Co)
4. DIY Washi Tape Gallery Wall: Make your gallery wall really pop — literally. Use gift boxes and washi to create 3D photo frames and “hang” the photo with adhesive on the back of the box. (via Damask Love)
5. DIY Fruit Infused Water: Oh, haven’t you heard? Fruit-infused water is the new smoothie. You don’t really need a recipe to add fruit to water, but we couldn’t help but come up with a few delish mixtures to get you started on the fruit infusion trend. (via Brit + Co)
6. DIY Skinny Planter Stand: It might be the middle of winter out there, but you can still fake those springtime feels with lots of indoor plants. DIY a narrow planter and add a row of tropical plants to hold you over until you can go sit on a warm beach somewhere. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Beyoncé Tote Bag: If you’ve had Beyoncé’s new song stuck in your head since the Superbowl party, this tote bag is practically a must-have. But don’t blame us when you’re dancing your way around the grocery store singing about hot sauce. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Felt Tassels: Gather up all the felt scraps you’ve got laying around from your last project and put together these adorable little tassels. Attach them to keychains and purses and anything else that needs a dose of color. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
9. DIY Printable Stitched Card: Stitch together these pretty cards for all the girl crushes in your life. The cards look fancy, but they’re a breeze to put together, which means you’ll have plenty of time to work on your Galentine’s Day party decor. (via Dream Green DIY)
10. DIY Heart Envelope: So you’ve made the perfect card for all your Valentines and now you need an envelope that’s on point. Um, it doesn’t get much better than an envelope made out of a heart. So much love. (via Brit + Co)
11. DIY Paper Wrapped Bouquet: Take a grocery store bouquet to a whole new level and wrap up those blooms in pretty paper. Whether you DIY a bouquet or pick up something at a florist, your flowers will look like a pro job. (via Martha Stewart)
12. DIY Anthropologie Coasters: Bring on the bling with these amazing coasters. Yeah, they look like a million bucks, but all you need is resin, gold flakes and a mold to hack Anthro’s gold flecked coasters. (via Sarah Hearts)
We’d love to hear what projects you’re making this weekend! Tweet us your awesome DIY (and Valentine Day!) stories @BritandCo!