10 Ways to Get Artsy With Your Wedding Planning
When it comes to wedding planning, we’ll be looking for any way we can to put a fun, painterly spin on all the deets. Even better when the ideas actually seem stolen from an arts supplies store (um, paint brush place settings we’re looking at you!). From watercolor-splashed gowns to bold, colorful backdrops, here are 10 of our absolute fave ways to make a creative statement with DIY wedding ideas on your special day.
2. DIY Colorful Backdrop: There’s no need for a flower wall when you’ve got a bright and bold backdrop. Make your own using this tutorial as a guide — how amazing would those shapes look with an ombre effect applied? (via A Practical Wedding)
3. Watercolor Thank You Cards ($18): You’re gonna have a lot of people to show some love to post-wedding day. Our advice? Make sure the cards are just as lovely as the sentiments inside.
4. DIY Painted Table Numbers: These fun plexiglass table numbers are a great way to add a bit of whimsy and showcase DIY chops all at once. Try different patterns on each to change things up. (via Oh Joy!)
7. Painted Cake: This sweet brush-stroked cake looks almost too beautiful to eat (JK! Cake is never too pretty to be eaten). We’re sure this stunning dessert was a huge hit. (via Clean Plate Pictures)
10. Painted Votive Favors: Votives are a classic wedding favor. Give them a little twist with paint, then prepare to hear from your guests about how pretty they look with candles inside. (via Once Wed)
Do you have a wedding theme? Tell us what you’re planning in the comments!