These Are *Officially* the Best Beaches in America
Summer and a day at the beach go hand in hand. But deciding what beach to hang out at can be a tough decision. If you want to get all your beach days planned ahead of time, we suggest you look to Dr. Beach’s annual list of the best beaches in America.
Who TF is Dr. Beach? His real name is Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman. He’s the Professor and Director of the Laboratory for Coastal Research at Florida International University. Every year Dr. Beach surveys 650 major public recreational beaches in the US based on 50 different factors, a few of which include: sand and water quality, environmental management, available amenities, and smoking bans. Below are the top 10 beaches from Dr. Beach’s survey.
1. Hanauma Bay, Oahu, Hawaii
2. Siesta Beach, Sarasota, Florida
3. Kapalua Bay Beach, Maui
4. Ocracoke on North Carolina’s Outer Banks
5. Coast Guard Beach, Cape Cod, Massachusetts
6. Florida’s Grayton Beach State Park
7. San Diego’s Coronado Beach
8. Coopers Beach in Southampton, New York
9. Florida’s Caladesi Island State Park
10. Beachwalker Park, Kiawah Island, South Carolina
Is your favorite beach on this list? Share with us on Twitter @BritandCo.
(Photo via Getty)