By posting or emailing your Submission (defined below) pursuant to the terms hereto, you hereby specifically represent and warrant that Submission(s):
- Is/are an original work solely created by you.
- Does NOT contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement. Without limiting the foregoing, your Submission must NOT include third party trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, or sculptures.
- If your Submission is a photo, it does not include the likeness of any actual person(s), without having obtained the express prior written consent of such person(s) (or of such person's parent or legal guardian if such person is a minor) in each instance.
- If your Submission is a photo, it is an original work created either by you or by a photographer who has executed a written agreement granting you all rights to the photo required under these submission guidelines.
- Does not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent, self-mutilating (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing.
Please retain a copy of your Submission(s), as they will not be returned and will be destroyed.
Furthermore, you recognize, acknowledge and agree that Author, Publisher or its affiliates may already be, or in the future may publish works which are similar to those of your Submission(s) or which Author or Publisher may already have been exposed to, or may have already developed or in the future independently develop, ideas or products which are similar to those to be disclosed by you hereunder.
In consideration of your desire to participate in the upcoming non-fiction work being prepared by Brit Morin (“Author") tentatively entitled “Homemakers" (the “Work"), and for other good and valuable consideration (the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged), you hereby irrevocably grant to Author, HarperCollins Publishers and each of their respective successors, assigns, affiliates and licensees (individually and collectively, the “Publisher") (i) the non-exclusive license to use and reproduce the submission(s) copies of which are attached or uploaded pursuant to the terms hereto (each, a “Submission" and collectively, the “Submissions") in the publication, distribution and sale of, and in publicity for, any and all editions of the Work and any derivations thereof (including serializations) in any and all languages, versions, formats and media, including any electronic media or editions, now or hereafter devised throughout the universe in perpetuity; and (ii) to use your name and likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion of the Work.
Furthermore, you agree that you shall not be entitled to any compensation whatsoever in connection with any use of the Submissions hereunder. The appearance of the Submission(s) in the Work is sufficient consideration for the rights granted herein. You may receive credit for your Submission in the Work at Author and Publisher's sole discretion. You understand that nothing contained herein will constitute any obligation on the part of Author or Publisher to make use of any of the rights granted herein.
You acknowledge that Author or the Publisher may modify, crop, alter, edit or retouch reproductions of the Submissions as Publisher deems necessary for use in the Work. You waive any right to inspect or approve the Work or the use of the Submissions (or any reproductions thereof) in the Work. You agree not to institute, support, cooperate with or permit any action or proceeding involving any claim that any use of the Submissions hereunder in any way constitutes an infringement of any of your rights, or is in any way a defamation or mutilation of or contains unauthorized variations, changes or translations to or of the Submissions or any element thereof.
You warrant and represent that you are the sole creator of the Submissions and sole and exclusive owner of all rights of copyright in the Submissions; You have the full right, power and authority to grant the rights granted herein; Publisher shall not be required to make any payments for or in connection with the acquisition or exploitation of such rights; and the use of the Submissions will not violate or infringe upon any copyright or any other right of any third party and will not be contrary to law.
You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Author and Publisher from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements made by you herein.