Pantone’s color of the year — greenery — is being incorporated into almost every wedding this year. And rightfully so — it’s gorgeous! But if you’re looking to put a little twist on the trend, we vote that you go for cacti! The prickly gems are the new “it” plants for 2017, and they’re already making some stunning appearances in the world of nuptials. Check out these 11 gorgeous renditions to see why we’re totally supportive of the spiny spectacles.
1. Cactus Cake: Ah! What’s not to love here?! Between the cactus, the extra greenery skirting the bottom, and the pop of pink on top, this baby encompasses everything a dreamy wedding cake should have. (via Ashley Rae Photography / Wedding Chicks)
2. Green Smoke With Cacti: Talk about being committed to the color green! We’ve never seen such a coordinated ensemble. If you’re looking for a dramatic moment of entertainment, this smoke show-and-cactus combo could be the way to go. (via Laura Goldenburger / Found)
3. Cacti Aisle: The mix and match of traditional and interesting elements here make for a strong decor team. Using cacti is a bold choice, so coupling it with some delicate floral arrangements will tone it down and balance things out wonderfully. (via Ace & Whim / Martha Stewart Weddings)
4. Cacti Invitations: Cacti doesn’t have to be just a detail — it can be your straight-up theme. And if that’s the case, go cactus crazy, starting with the invites! (via Kelsey Bang)
5. Cacti Table Numbers: Some may think that cacti are only for those looking to achieve a boho theme, but we say a good cactus can fit in almost anywhere. A simple paddle like this will elegantly mark the tables at your light and bright affair. (via Tec Petaja / Style Me Pretty)
6. Cacti Altar: Potted cacti are one thing, but to make an incredible cacti garden into your altar backdrop is OTT in the best way. Add a personal touch with a cozy rug for a totally desert-chic arrangement. (via She Takes Pictures He Makes Films / Hello May)
7. Understated Elements: Small, subtle cacti with colored glassware and tapered candles is a total *100.* This is a perfect example of bringing in succulents and having them make a statement, but not letting them take over the show. (via Anya Kernes / 100 Layer Cake)
8. Cacti Photo Ops: This couple’s love story began in the desert, so after they tied the knot, they headed there to capture some beautiful photographs. If your reception and wedding decor isn’t meant for cacti, maybe your photos are. (via Luke and Mallory / Green Wedding Shoes)
9. Colorful Cacti Centerpiece: This reminds us of a southwest fiesta with a hint of romance. If bright hues are your thing, be ahead of the curve with this type of setup. (via Chelsea Scanlan Photography / Ruffled)
10. Cacti Sweetheart Table: Forget a sweetheart table; this is more like a sweetheart scene with giant cacti as the backdrop. If you’re getting hitched in the desert, use your cactus-y setting at every opportunity! (via Mr. and Mrs. Wedding Duo / Green Wedding Shoes)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!