12 Celeb-Inspired Ways to Dress Your Baby Bump This Summer
Between Olivia Wilde’s maternity cutouts on the red carpet and Audrina Patridge’s bump-flaunting mini dress, it’s safe to say maternity style is poppin’ this season. Gone are the days of pregnant ladies being restricted to unsightly muumuus and frumpy maternity duds. Say sayonara to the mindset that you have to ditch your signature style to don a cute preggo #OOTD. We’ve spotlighted 12 celebs who make dressing a baby bump look almost too easy thanks to a slew of flattering, curve-hugging silhouettes and major confidence. Follow in their footsteps and you’ll easily snag the award for best-dressed mama-to-be.
When it comes to Blake Lively, this is just business as usual. Seriously, when does this It girl not look DDG? Blake loves to show off her baby bump, and she wasn’t shy about flaunting it in this striking blue Atelier Versace gown at Cannes. Not only did it hug every curve, but the sweeping train was straight out of an Old Hollywood film. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty)
2. Bar Refaeli: Yes, you can hack your own off-duty maternity style. Take it from Bar Refaeli, who’s putting her bump on display loud and proud in this exotic Instagram snapshot. If you’re not feelin’ an itsy-bitsy bikini, a printed one-piece is just as sultry for a babymoon or afternoon by the pool.
3. Nicky Hilton: Excuse us while we swoon. Nicky Hilton gives major inspo for every picnic, barbecue and backyard shindig on the horizon. At the Veuve Clicquot Polo Classic, she channeled a look worthy of a posh Hamptons boat party. Her stunning ruffled cold-shoulder dress, effortless fedora and straw handbag all receive our seal of approval. (Photo via Jamie McCarthy/Getty)
4. Desirée Hartsock: Dress your baby bump in a slew of easy-breezy maxis for every summer wedding and brunch date in your iCal. Instead of covering up, former Bachelorette star Desirée Hartsock embraces her curves with a ruffled tropical print maxi featuring a high leg slit. Sensible low-heel sandals are an obvious pick for on-the-go style that doesn’t sacrifice comfort.
5. Emily Blunt: As your baby bump makes its debut this summer at weddings and soirees, don’t hesitate to pull out all the stops with a curve-hugging gown (or two). Take it from Emily Blunt’s Met Gala look: A blue sequined floor-grazing dress will always do you right. Let your bump do the talking by opting for a streamlined ‘do and understated accessories. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
Finally getting used to having a baby bump and embracing it today in my favorite summer dress! Just glad it still fits! 🌸☀️🙈 #summertime #maxi #bump // Outfit deets with @liketoknow.it :: http://liketk.it/2oGs5 #liketkit
A post shared by Desiree (Hartsock) Siegfried (@desireesiegfried) on
6. Angela Simmons: It’s not all bodycon dresses when you’re preggers, especially when you have a timeless halter dress on standby. Angela Simmons wows at an evening function in a nude frock that just barely skims her baby bump. Toss in some sparkly pumps and a bold red lip for the ultimate after hours-approved look.
7. Blac Chyna: You’ve got to hand it to Blac Chyna; she’s got confidence. In addition to her fierce red hair, Blac absolutely slays in this little white bodycon dress that hugs her curves in ALL the right places. With a lightweight topper and ankle strap steppers in tow, she’s more than ready for a night on the town.
8. Olivia Wilde: Blend in with the crowd of Met Gala attendees? Not this celebrity A-lister. Resist the urge to play it safe; if Olivia Wilde can sport a studded dress with a cutting-edge metallic choker neckline, then you certainly can too. Just don’t forget to strike a pose that strategically shows off your bump. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Chrissy Teigen: Give up denim cutoffs? Not according to this model-turned-cookbook-author (at least not until the buttons pop). Chrissy Teigen may have already given birth to a gorgeous baby girl, but we couldn’t not share her killer maternity style with you future mamas. Take a page from Chrissy’s book by pairing your denim shorts with a slimming bodysuit, a laid-back-chic kimono and espadrilles for dinner al fresco with your boo.
10. Kerry Washington: First things first: Find a dress that can be admired from all angles — close up and from afar. Featuring a revealing neckline and risqué thigh-high slit to elongate her gorgeous gams, Kerry Washington’s sparkly Met Gala dress could not have been more flattering. And that purple hair? We can’t even. (Photo via Larry Busacca/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) on
11. Audrina Patridge: We’re low-key obsessed with Audrina Patridge’s cool-girl take on dressing down. Her ensemble of a simple tank top, black skinny jeans and ankle boots is equal parts rocker and California chic. For the finishing touch, she tied a bandana scarf around her neck and tossed on some glam shades.
12. Ali Fedotowsky: Keep the wardrobe conundrums at bay with a beach-bound spaghetti strap maxi that’s easy to throw on and go. We’re loving how Ali Fedotowsky keeps it refreshingly simple on the red carpet in an empire-waist maxi and a casual updo. Pro tip: If you recreate this look, definitely opt for comfortable flip flops — no one will be the wiser. (Photo via Ari Perilstein/Getty)
View this post on Instagram
Having a little moment!! 📷@bowie82 -------For the girls out there that always ask about what I'm wearing I'll try to get in habit of posting more daily outfit shots!... To get the look go to this link! www.liketk.it/2gMi4 @liketoknow.it
A post shared by Audrina Patridge (@audrinapatridge) on