Every Celeb Who Went Blonde This Week, Plus More Mind-Blowing Hair Makeovers
Guys, it’s the freakin’ weekend and we seriously can’t wait. With Valentine’s day just around the corner, there is no time like the present to turn to some of our fave A-listers to get a little hair inspo from the pros. This was an epic week filled with bobs, lobs and newly blondes. Sure, we might depend a little too much on celebrity hairspiration to get us through times of trouble — but we’re only human. It’s that time of the week to sit back, relax and take in the celebrity hair slayage, one Insta at a time.
1. Allison Williams: Marnie makes a pretty blonde, doesn’t she? We’ll miss seeing Allison Williams in her hilarious role on Girls, but we can thankfully still enjoy her selfies featuring newly lightened Hygge-inspired locks on Instagram.
2. Solange Knowles: Solange continues to keep things fresh with her natural beauty and out-to-there hair. It’s not easy to rock hair volume that loud, so we give this fashion forward artiste some major style brownie points.
View this post on Instagram
When you roll up to the party with your new look and it turns out you just single white femaled your friend you haven't seen in a year. 😂 So fun checking out the new #TiffanyHardWear collection tonight. Thanks for having us @tiffanyandco! #TiffanyPartner #iloveyoukatemara
A post shared by Olivia Wilde (@oliviawilde) on
3. Olivia Wilde + Kate Mara: Hair twins! Two of our fave leading ladies in Hollywood, Olivia Wilde and Kate Mara, were seriously #twinning in identical beauty looks on the red carpet this week.
4. Kylie Jenner: True to form, King Kylie looks borderline NSFW showing off the newest trend to hit Hollywood hair: the bob. Her blunt-cut bob falls just past her chin in a style that is low maintenance but high impact.
5. Katy Perry: BOOM. And just like that, she’s blonde. Katy and Kylie did a color-switcharoo on their freshly chopped bobs, with Katy’s brand new platinum-blonde wavy ‘do getting us way amped for her just-released single.
View this post on Instagram
I heard my body is a topic of conversation so I wanted to say, I'm proud of my body and you should be proud of yours too. No matter who you are or what you do. I could give you a million reasons why you don't need to cater to anyone or anything to succeed. Be you, and be relentlessly you. That's the stuff of champions. thank you so much everyone for supporting me. I love you guys. Xoxo, gaga
A post shared by Lady Gaga (@ladygaga) on
6. Lady Gaga: After being lowered from the ceiling, Lady Gaga stunned the crowd as she performed hit after hit in a blown-out shaggy blonde lob. She’s completed her newly shorn look with some edgy AF dark roots.
7. Bella Hadid: Bella looks straight from another era in this ultra-short bob curled above her chin. The model’s hairstyle is completed by those jagged baby bangs across her forehead and some expertly applied faux-lashes for days.
8. Ciara: First things first, Ciara’s the latest celeb to go and get herself some highlights for spring. The beauty looks dazzling with her bold, blonde highlights and that full-on mane of enviable tresses.
9. Kerry Washington: We’re loving the look of Kerry Washington’s chic braided bun. Her style is completed with a deep side part and her super-slick strands pulled back neatly — a perfect low-key look for a night out.
10. Ashley Benson: Surprise! Ashley Benson got a haircut and emerged with the look of the week: this shaggy and fabulous bob. The chin-length ‘do is worn in a messy-pretty style that looks flawless with her simple side part.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Lily Collins (@lilyjcollins) on
11. Lily Collins: Lily and Bella must have shared notes because they are both killing us with cartoonish curls, except this daring fashionista rocked it IRL. She wore the above-the-chin look with a side part and sans bangs for a style that is destined to turn heads.
Which of these celebrity looks was your favorite? Show us on Pinterest!
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)