Celeb-Inspired Hair Color You Need to Try This Spring 2017
Ciara’s metallic silver waves, Ali Caldwell’s signature red-hot hair, Zoe Kravitz’s platinum plaits — celebs have been known to rock a rainbow of hues. No surprise, given that they have the industry’s top hairstylists and color gurus on speed dial. Looking to change up your locks? Here is a little inspo for this spring 2017 straight from some of our fave celebs.
1. Red: When Lily Collins hit the Sony Pictures Television Social Soiree in June 2016, she shocked everyone with her cherry red bob. While not everyone can pull off such a dramatic look, we think it’s straight fire (quite literally).
2. Orange: Aubrey Plaza traded in her signature dark ‘do for a warm copper hue. We had to do a double-take the first time we saw it. Talk about a transformation! (Photo via Rick Kern/Getty)
3. Yellow: Let’s be clear: When we say yellow, we mean blonde — unless we’re talking about Lady Gaga circa 2010. When it comes to going blonde, there’s a multitude of hues to choose from, but we’re particularly fond of Rita Ora’s, which she showed off in her recent Insta photo.
4. Green: Not one to shy away from the spotlight — or experimenting with her strands — Kylie Jenner has rocked all kinds of colors, from red and rose gold to purple. But it’s her mermaid-inspired, mint locks that made us all green with envy.
5. Blue: Of late, Keke Palmer has been rocking red haute braids, but back in October she was spotted with a totally different, icy tone. We love the combo of multidimensional pastel blue with a blunt bang.
6. Indigo: This past June, Maisie Williams dyed her hair jet black. Then, a month later, showed up to the Serpentine Summer Party in London sporting a risk-taking navy hue, courtesy of the Neville Salon. (Photo via Barcroft Media/Getty)
7. Violet: Leave it to Cookie Lyon (AKA Taraji P Henson) to pull off two tress trends: bold color and ombre. Back in 2015, Henson looked like the picture of perfection with purple ombre hair. Her Insta photo, captioned “#playingwithcolor,” says it all.
8. Pink: Pink is the new black! The Orange Is the New Black star kicked off 2017 with a new cotton candy-esque ‘do. Taryn Manning rocked the SAG red carpet in a strapless burgundy gown, which perfectly complemented her sweet-as-candy hair color. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
9. Gray: Gray hair, don’t care! Always one to take a risk, Evan Rachel Wood slays an asymmetrical silver crop like no one else. The Westworld starlet certainly redefines what it means to be a “silver fox.” (Photo via Michael Kovac/Getty)
Follow us on Pinterest for more celeb hair inspo.