Summer is nearly here, which means it’s time to start prepping your closet for the warm days ahead. Beyond stocking up on sundresses and swimsuits, rethinking your organization is a must-do. Not sure where to start? We’re here to help with 13 easy tips that’ll have your sunnies and beach essentials ready to go when you need ’em. Scroll down to see the full list of tricks — and goodies that’ll make summer primping quick and easy.
1. Hang beach essentials. Keep those beach day essentials ready to grab on your way out the door. A series of wall hooks or knobs will make the closet overflow look like fab seasonal decor. (via A Beach Cottage)
2. Upgrade your hangers. Colorful hangers are a quick way to brighten up your closet, so whip out your paintbrushes and follow along with this DIY ASAP. Go totally random or color code by clothing type for an uber organized strategy. (via Cozy Reverie)
3. Opt for organizers. The best way to cut back on the last-minute dressing dash? Use organizers! Hanging shoe racks, towel dividers, and canvas storage boxes create structure in your closest and will help you snag the perfect ensemble every time. (via Fresh Home)
4. Stowe beach towels. Instead of shoving beach and pool towels in the hallway closet, stack them neatly in bins. These Rubbermaid Small Access Organizers ($19 each) will keep linens neat and within arms’ reach for any spontaneous day trips. (via The Home Depot)
5. Showcase sunnies. Top your dresser off with summer’s most coveted accessory — sunnies. Arrange them in acrylic organizers or drawer dividers to keep your best pairs front, center, and scratch-free! (via Money Can Buy Lipstick)
6. Display bright accessories. Start the season out right by picking out a few of your brightest necklaces and hanging them on DIY jewelry organizers. It’ll glam up your closet wall and keep pieces neatly visible for easy access. (via Eyes of Style)
7. Categorize with fabric bins. Sort smaller staples, like socks or swimwear, in vibrant fabric bins. Even if you don’t have shelf space to line them neatly in a row, at least they’ll look like a welcome addition along the floor. (via Brit + Co)
8. String up bikinis. Not only does a clothesline make it easy to pick a suit for the pool, but it also serves as a great drying rack after a full day of splashing about. (via Samantheeyo)
9. Corral summer toys. Instead of letting beach buckets, shovels, and sidewalk chalk fly loosely around your house, use this Shoe Sleeve DIY. Mom will be happy with the outta-sight storage and kiddos will appreciate knowing where all their goodies are. (via Better Homes & Gardens)
10. Hang in tiers. Leave no closet nook unused. Hang items on adjustable bars according to their lengths for a seriously space-saving structure. (via Alma & Co)
11. Make your own suntan lotion holder. Keep your sun-safety creams organized — and on your mind — through use of pretty containers, like this DIY dip-dyed makeup organizer. (via Dwell Beautiful)
13. Create a seasonal hamper. Ditching apparel after a host of weekend activities doesn’t have to be drab. Use a DIY fabric basket tutorial to bring summertime color to your end-of-day exhaustion. (via Mary Martha Mama)
Seeking more closet inspo? Be sure to follow us on Pinterest.