The Most-Flattering Swimsuits for Summer, According to Your Signature Style
With spring in full swing (well, almost), it’s officially time to start thinking about your warm weather fashion essentials. Along with a pair of showstopping sunglasses (gotta protect those peepers!), essential espadrilles, and a slew of twirl-worthy sundresses, a killer swimsuit is KEY. Because let’s be real — a stint at the beach is as good a time as any to show off those fine-tuned style sensibilities. The only question that remains: which swimwear to scoop up? We’ve taken all the guesswork out of choosing the perfect piece with the carefully curated picks below. Whether you consider yourself a die-hard minimalist or bohemian goddess, you’ll find an option to suit your style.
1. Retro Chic: You live for feminine pieces laced with flirtatious appeal (think: fit-and-flare dresses, pleated skirts, and classic cashmere sweaters). With its retro silhouette and feel-good floral print, this classy combo is your ideal partner for lazy days spent bumming on the beach. Brit + Co Pick: Allihop Tia Bikini Top ($58) + Ruched High-Rise Bikini Bottoms ($48)
2. Color Lover: Neutrals? Nah. You like your Instababe-approved outfits served alongside a palette of bold and bright color. These rainbow bright stripes will appeal to your color-loving side while ensuring you continue your best-dressed streak as you laze out by the pool. Brit Pick: Mara Hoffman Vela Striped Triangle Bikini ($240)
3. Boho Babe: No free-wheelin’ femme’s closet is complete without a bit of crochet. The perfect pick for a summer social calendar jam-packed with festivals and stints in the sand, the crotched top is the ideal mate for a pair of high-waisted cutoffs, lace-up sandals and a statement bib necklace for a stint at center stage. Brit Pick: She Made Me Crop Bralette Bikini Top ($116) + Cheeky Bikini Bottom ($90)
4. Eclectic and Cool: There’s one in every friend group — a girl whose closet is so undeniably cool her style can’t be put into a box. With its graphic print and old-school-meets-new-school silhouette, this artistic two piece just gets you, girl. Brit Pick: The Ones Who Maren Top in Atlas ($72) + Heather Bottoms in Atlas ($70)
5. Feminine and Flirty: Frills, bows, ruffles, and flirty embellishments are mainstays in your wardrobe, right alongside pink lipstick and an arsenal of ladylike bags. For a staycation at your local spa or a short stint in paradise, take this ruffle-trimmed stunner along for the ride. Brit Pick: Milly Sirolo Ruffle Bandeau Top ($100) + St. Lucia Bikini Bottoms ($90)
6. Va-Va-Voom: Subtle? It’s not even in your vocabulary. Your style motto is more in line with the idea that bolder is always better, and this sultry suit more than delivers. A strappy back, jaw-dropping cutouts, and sheer panels bring the wow-factor in a big way. Pair with mirror shades and a wide-brim hat for a seriously glam beach-bound look. Brit Pick: New Look Bandage Cut Out Swimsuit ($35)
7. Perfectly Preppy: A summer wardrobe without a few sailor stripes is practically sacrilege in your book. This sweetly striped number will prove itself time and time again, whether you’re headed to a festival or soaking up the sun in the backyard. Brit Pick: H&M Padded Underwire Bikini Top ($18) + Bikini Bottoms ($13)
8. So ’90s: If chokers, sassy patches, and hightop Converse are your thing, this technicolor suit will feel right up your alley. Laced with vibrant Lisa Frank vibes, it’s the perfect pick for afternoons spent frolicking in the sun. Brit Pick: Solid & Striped The Anne Marie in Sunset Ombre ($158)
9. Totally Trendy: Fashion guru that you are, you have no reservations about test driving a new silhouette or mixing and matching prints. With its vibrant colors and eye-catching design, this scene-stealer definitely won’t disappoint. Pair with statement earrings, a fancy lady turban, and a jumpsuit coverup for a getup that will take you from the beach to boardwalk drinks in a snap. Brit Pick:Ashley Graham x swimsuitsforall Condesa Bikini ($88)
10. Athleisure Everything: You practically live in joggers, bomber jackets, and statement sneakers, and you take the same down-to-business approach to your beachwear. Enter the weekend-ready surf suit that is ready for whatever you throw its way. Brit Pick: 6 Shore Road Waterfall Floral Surfsuit ($214)
11. Minimalist: Minimalist muses, you’ve met your match in this subtle-yet-statement-making suit. The classic black bikini keeps it real, while colorful piping adds a hint of personality. Bonus: It’s made in Cali from locally woven fabric that won’t fade or lose its stretch. Brit Pick:Tavik Jett Colorblock Bikini Top ($74) + Bikini Bottom ($64)
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.