5 Must-Experience Hotels Opening in 2018
One of the most important parts of planning a trip is figuring out where you’ll stay. Will you look for a cozy Airbnb that’ll feel like a home away from home? Or maybe you’re hoping for colorful or art-based accommodations that are an experience on their own. There are special spots for all types of travelers, and we’ve caught wind of five totally unique hotels that will open around the world in the first half of 2018. Read on for the scoop and you could be one of the first guests to grace these amazing places.
1. Hotel Saranac, Lake Saranac, New York. Looking for a spot where you can hang out by a campfire or soak up the spirit of the mountains? Hotel Saranac in Lake Saranac, New York is a perfect pick — it’s just undergone a four-year, $30 million restoration to update its 102 rooms and suites. You’ll love the location, which is perfect for exploring the great outdoors year-round. Bring your crew and head out for a day of swimming, kayaking, biking, or skiing. With rates starting at just $199/night, it’s a no-brainer for your next reunion. (Photo via Hotel Saranac)
2. Hotel Xcaret, Rivera Maya, Mexico. This is what resort dreams are made of! Hotel Xcaret, brought to life by the creative and talented team behind Riviera Maya’s most adored eco-amusement parks, will feature 900 suites on an all-inclusive property, with exclusive access to eight interactive parks. When you’re not busy cave diving, partying on a riverboat, or catching Mayan cultural performances, you’ll want to treat yourself to authentic cuisine and delicious drinks at one of the 17 bars. As if that wasn’t Insta-worthy enough, each suite has access to hidden coves, white sand beaches, and rivers. (Photo via Hotel Xcaret)
3. ITC Kohenur, Hyderabad, India: Old-world charm meets modern luxury at this 290-room hotel, which was designed to look like the infamous Kohinoor diamond. Known as the “City of Pearls,” India’s Hyderabad is a unique place to experience history, culture, and charm. Shop among the Old City spice merchants, explore museums, and scope the top metropolitan sights. When you’re ready to wind down and eat (or drink) up, pay a visit to the one of the hotel’s three specialty restaurants or beautiful new bar. (Photo via ITC Kohenur)
4. DTLA Proper Hotel, Los Angeles, California. Visiting the City of Angels for work or play in 2018? Experience downtown Los Angeles in this cool new spot, which will open in the former YWCA building during summertime. The ultra-chic interiors come courtesy of designer Kelly Wearstler, who helped give the two ground floor restaurants, library, screening room suite, and rooms their chic vibe. No matter what you plan to do, don’t forget your swimsuit: This hotel offers an indoor swimming pool suite and a rooftop pool and lounge. (Photo via DTLA Proper Hotel)
5. Pod Times Square, New York, New York. This micro-hotel concept feels a little bit like living in the future, as it offers 45 “pod pad” living suites (600-800 sq. feet) smack dab in Times Square. Great for travelers, this innovative BD Hotels Property (the first official for the Pod Hotels brand) also offers options for people who want an extended-stay or long-term lease. If you’re looking to launch into freelancing, experiment with life as a digital nomad, or want a more authentic taste of the Big Apple, this could work really well for you. Foodies, take note: Hell’s Kitchen, the famed NYC neighborhood, is just a hop away. Who wouldn’t love having some of the city’s best eats and trendy bars so close by? (Photo via Pod Times Square)
Have you stayed at a hotel you absolutely loved? Show us your snapshots by tagging us on Instagram @BritandCo!