10 Cozy #GirlBoss Pieces Perfect for Crazy Hot Weather
When it’s hot and humid outside, the last thing you want to do is throw on a blazer, button-down and pencil skirt. If that’s the outfit you go with, chances are you’ll be entering that AM meeting covered in sweat. But what’s the alternative? You can’t head to the office in flip-flops and a bikini top (if you can, please tell us where you work). If you want to look like a total boss in the workplace this summer but don’t want to feel like you’re permanently in a hot yoga class, here are 10 pieces you should make yours ASAP.
1. Cotton-Linen Sleeveless Tank ($40): Everlane’s button-downs are a must-have for chic office staples. For an option that’s just as professional looking but lighter weight, try their sheer sleeveless number.
2. Denim Shirt Dress ($73): Dress up this casual dress with an epic pair of booties and a statement necklace.
3. Faux Leather Sport Shorts ($26): Thought you couldn’t wear athletic shorts to work? Think again! This workout staple gets a fashion makeover by swapping the commonly used mesh material for some sleek faux leather.
a pair of espadrilles or wooden-soled clogs and dress it down on the weekend with a casual sandal.
5. Silkwash Romper ($70): Pop this super comfy silk romper on with a lightweight blazer to quickly put together an outfit that straight up oozes cool-girl vibes.
6. Everlane Street Shoe ($140): Halfway between a loafer and a slip-on sneaker, this leather shoe is perfect for the gal who spends most her day running around.
7. Linen Blend Cropped Pant ($23): Take a break from those thick trousers for the summer and instead rock these lightweight ones made from a linen blend. Pair with that sleeveless Everlane button-down for a super crisp, all-white ensemble.
8. Neoprene Printed Skirt ($163): Thought pencil skirts were out of the question in July? Not when they’re made from neoprene, which is super stretchy (and the same material wetsuits are made from).
9. Sleeveless Trench Coat ($81): Whether the office AC is running cold or you’re headed to an al fresco dinner date after work, throw on this denim trench that has all the class of the classic style, but without the sleeves.
10. Tie Waist Jumpsuit ($119): Is it just us, or do jumpsuits have a funny way of instantly giving off some serious girl boss vibes?