10 Ways to Keep Cozy While Looking Like a #GirlBoss
A day at the office can be tough. A day at the office in painful heels and an itchy button-down is straight up miserable. Being a #GirlBoss doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style or, more importantly, comfort. Take one glance at the outfits of a couple of our favorite lady bosses like Jenna Lyons or Sophia Amoruso and it’ll quickly become apparent that, when styled right, a sweatshirt can look just as professional as a blazer and sneakers as good as stilettos. Here’s a collection of pieces to rock when you want to feel like you’re in PJs, but look like you’re about to seal a million dollar deal.
1. Control Freak Sweatshirt ($68): At least they can’t say you didn’t warn them. Sport this with a collared shirt and black slacks and you’ll be the comfiest lady boss in all the corporate land.
2. Funnel Neck Sweater Dress ($189): If you’re into this piece you better snatch it up quick, because this cozy, wool sweater dress is on sale at a fraction of the original price.
3. Bright Sky Penny Loafer Sneaker ($46): Are they sneakers? Are they loafers? Or are they both? C — the answer is C. Whether you walk or bike to work, toss out those commuting shoes and just sport these kicks all day long.
4. Asymmetrical Pencil Skirt ($38): Those dreaded pencil skirts might not be so dreaded anymore. This one, made out of jersey, will feel more like a tightly wrapped blanket than office apparel.
5. Tie-Waist Jumpsuit ($95): Nobody will be able to ignore you in this scarlet number. Whether you have a big presentation or you’re hosting a gallery opening, this jumpsuit is super on trend while still totally SFW.
6. Soft Jersey Jacket ($50): Hello blazer of our dreams. To anyone who has suffered from stiff blazers with tight sleeves, grab one of these and feel your sorrows wash away. Pair this miracle blazer with jeans and a silky top or a dress and some fashion sneakers.
7. Long Tie-Waist Blazer ($113): If you’re plagued with an incessantly chilly office, throw on this long blazer that looks more like some kind of hybrid between a sweater and robe. While definitely dramatic, we’re guessing this minimalist piece is going to get you more compliments than you know what to do with.
8. Teen Spirit Top ($102): Finally, a turtleneck that won’t make you feel like you’re constantly choking. For those days where you feel like you just want to curl up in your shell and not talk to anyone, consider this the next best thing.
9. Drawstring Waist Jogger Pants ($48): Sweatpants at work? You can do it! Try a slim jogger like this pair and rock it with a silky top and stilettos. If you’re not so into the strappy heels, opt for some booties or a pair of pumps.
10. Velvet Blazer ($50): And now for the ultimate in comfy work clothes: the velvet blazer. Channel your inner Hugh Hefner with this sleek piece. We’re all about the velvet tuxedo, but if it’s a bit much for you, pair this with a silky dress or crisp cotton tee.
How do you stay both stylish and comfy at work? Share your favorite garment with us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)