10 Ways to Keep Cozy While Looking Like a #GirlBoss
A day at the office can be tough. A day at the office in painful heels and an itchy button-down is straight up miserable. Being a #GirlBoss doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice style or, more importantly, comfort. Take one glance at the outfits of a couple of our favorite lady bosses like Jenna Lyons or Sophia Amoruso and it’ll quickly become apparent that, when styled right, a sweatshirt can look just as professional as a blazer and sneakers as good as stilettos. Here’s a collection of pieces to rock when you want to feel like you’re in PJs, but look like you’re about to seal a million dollar deal.
1. Control Freak Sweatshirt ($68): At least they can’t say you didn’t warn them. Sport this with a collared shirt and black slacks and you’ll be the comfiest lady boss in all the corporate land.
2. Funnel Neck Sweater Dress ($189): If you’re into this piece you better snatch it up quick, because this cozy, wool sweater dress is on sale at a fraction of the original price.
3. Bright Sky Penny Loafer Sneaker ($46): Are they sneakers? Are they loafers? Or are they both? C — the answer is C. Whether you walk or bike to work, toss out those commuting shoes and just sport these kicks all day long.
4. Asymmetrical Pencil Skirt ($38): Those dreaded pencil skirts might not be so dreaded anymore. This one, made out of jersey, will feel more like a tightly wrapped blanket than office apparel.
5. Tie-Waist Jumpsuit ($95): Nobody will be able to ignore you in this scarlet number. Whether you have a big presentation or you’re hosting a gallery opening, this jumpsuit is super on trend while still totally SFW.
6. Soft Jersey Jacket ($50): Hello blazer of our dreams. To anyone who has suffered from stiff blazers with tight sleeves, grab one of these and feel your sorrows wash away. Pair this miracle blazer with jeans and a silky top or a dress and some fashion sneakers.
7. Long Tie-Waist Blazer ($113): If you’re plagued with an incessantly chilly office, throw on this long blazer that looks more like some kind of hybrid between a sweater and robe. While definitely dramatic, we’re guessing this minimalist piece is going to get you more compliments than you know what to do with.
8. Teen Spirit Top ($102): Finally, a turtleneck that won’t make you feel like you’re constantly choking. For those days where you feel like you just want to curl up in your shell and not talk to anyone, consider this the next best thing.
9. Drawstring Waist Jogger Pants ($48): Sweatpants at work? You can do it! Try a slim jogger like this pair and rock it with a silky top and stilettos. If you’re not so into the strappy heels, opt for some booties or a pair of pumps.
10. Velvet Blazer ($50): And now for the ultimate in comfy work clothes: the velvet blazer. Channel your inner Hugh Hefner with this sleek piece. We’re all about the velvet tuxedo, but if it’s a bit much for you, pair this with a silky dress or crisp cotton tee.
How do you stay both stylish and comfy at work? Share your favorite garment with us in the comments below.
Our undergarments might have taken a backseat in 2020, but with a new year upon us, we're feeling inspired to reprioritize our most intimate clothing layer — especially in time for Valentine's Day. Because hey, what better way to kickstart a season of self-love than by treating yourself to a confidence-boosting set of lingerie?