18 Delightful Desk Accessories to Spruce Up Your Workspace
Looking around your work desk, what’s missing? Definitely not paperwork. But in the bare space between those stacks of files, you’re definitely lacking some new desk accessories. When you work hard for the money all day, you deserve a few nice things to make your office environment cozy, inviting, and maybe even downright enchanting to be in. So spruce up your desk with some brand-spanking-new pencil cups, USB cables, file organizers, and other unique accoutrements to make your nine-to-five feel all the more magical.
1. ban.do Metallic Rainbow Desk Accessories ($30): Some office employees like to keep their space simple and clean, and there’s nothing wrong with that. But nothing says you can’t add a bit of high-trend pizzazz thanks to these organizers with a shiny, metallic finish.
2. ModCloth Desktop Celeb Llama Pencil Holder ($18): Hate losing your pencils and pens as they roll off to the abyss behind your desk? Spare yourself the drama with this VIP, red-carpet-ready llama. It’ll store all your best writing utensils and let everyone know that you are a very big deal.
3. Urban Outfitters Cable Bite ($6): Charging your phone has never looked so precious. Itty-bitty critters clip onto your cables to grab onto your device and never let go until you reach 100 percent.
4. Russell + Hazel Marble Memo Adhesive Note Pads ($10 for three): Now everyone will know exactly who left them that very important memo thanks to these sticky sheets in classic marble. Plus, when you pepper your own desk with reminders, it will look much nicer than those fluorescent Post-Its.
5. ModCloth Systematic Saguaros Desk Organizer ($22): Desktop organization will no longer leave you feeling prickly if you outfit your space with this quirky cactus filing system. Its compartments are just the right size for documents, writing utensils, or even keeping track of a notebook or phone.
6. Meri Meri Tassel Paper Clips ($9 for six): Plain paperclips from the office supply closet are old news. Keep your stuff together and looking festive with these useful clips tasseled in rainbow colors. Plus, they may make it much easier to find your files.
7. Anthropologie Marblesque Desk Collection ($24): The heft of this tape dispenser and pen holder set adds a touch of elegance to even a minimalist workspace. Pro tip: For a little more whimsy, add washi tape to your dispenser instead of the generic clear stuff from the supply cabinet.
8. Black Elephant File Organizer ($20): You know what they say: An elephant never forgets. So this file organizer is guaranteed to never forget your most important paperwork, right? At a minimum, it’ll keep everything in a safe spot.
9. Flying Outlets Macaron Eraser Set ($7): Your favorite dessert has been transformed into a handy tool to keep your work looking neat. These teensy cookies will correct all of your errors in a flash; just don’t get distracted and mistake one for a snack.
10. Streamline Ceramic Flamingo Planter ($19): No desk is complete without a plant. But why not switch out that bland terracotta planter for this playful ceramic flamingo to give your desk some flair?
11. Paule Marrot Camilla Mouse Pad ($20): Tuck away the office-issued grey slab of a mouse pad and replace it with one that makes you feel cheerful. Clicking away on colorful flowers is sure to keep your day bright.
12. PB Teen Penn Task Lamp ($39): Working late hours can be a bummer, but at least it’ll give you the chance to switch on a modern pastel desk lamp that ties your whole space together.
13. Cactus USB Humidifier ($16): Nothing dries you out more than the office air conditioner. A quick and easy solution (besides a good moisturizer) can be a personal humidifier: This one is an excellent opportunity to add another charming piece of decor to your desk.
14. E ECSEM Ladybug Mini Desktop Vacuum ($9): Messes happen — especially when you’re having the fifth desk lunch this week. But this clever little ladybug is happy to eat up all your crumbs before they get stuck in your keyboard.
15. Fred & Friends Little Big Fan ($20): If you’re in one of those rare pockets of the office where air conditioning just can’t reach, or, even worse, the A/C is completely broken, you should prepare yourself with your very own cool breeze that you can set right on your desk. (It also doesn’t hurt that it comes in a lovely color.)
16. Urban Outfitters Round Marble Dry Erase Board ($16): It’s impossible to forget a due date, a memo, or a note to yourself when you have an attractive dry-erase board that begs to be looked at all day.
17. Fred & Friends Pom Pins ($10 for 65): These little poms may not be packing antioxidants, but they are pretty handy for tacking up important papers or special photos to your cube walls. And their cheery pomegranate container is downright to die for.
18. My Cinema Lightbox Mini LED Marquee Lightbox ($23): Display a different saying or thought of the day with this mini lightbox, which comes with 100 letters, numbers, and characters.
Tweet us your recommendations for desk accessories @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.