How to Turn an Old Pair of Slippers into Bunnies for Easter
We showed you how to make DIY bunny pajamas for Easter morning, so now let’s tackle the toes. Let’s be real — bunny slippers are the cutest! And they are so easy to make your own. All you need is some felt and a hot glue gun to make the cutest bunny ensembles for your family’s Easter morning photos. (Then after the photos dive into some epic Easter Brunch. YUM.)
Brie insisted on getting her own pair. ;)
– felt in various colors
– accent fabric (optional)
– needle and thread
– hot glue gun
– X-ACTO knife
1. To create your bunny ears, cut four oval shapes out of felt and then four smaller oval shapes for the inner part of the ear.
2. Grab different colors of felt and cut out circles for eyes, a triangle for the nose and thin rectangles for whiskers to make the bunny face.
3. Use an X-ACTO knife to cut slits into the top of the slipper. Insert the ears through the slits and hot glue the felt to the inside of the slipper.
4. Finish hot glueing the rest of the face to the top of the slipper.
5. If your slippers have backs, we recommend adding a pom-pom tail! Wrap a bunch of yarn around three fingers and then tie them together around the center. Trim the ends to reveal the pom-pom fluff. Use a needle and thread to attach to the slipper.
Grab an array of felts and fabrics to create the cutest bunny face imaginable. The face is made up of two large ovals for ears, two small circles for eyes, a triangle for a nose and six rectangles for whiskers.
Hot glue the inner and outer ear together, then cut a slit at the bottom of the oval. Using your X-ACTO, create two slits on the tops of the slippers. Stick the ears through the slits and hot glue the ends to the top inside edge. Glue the flaps down as if you were securing a brass fastener on a manilla folder.
Finish hot glueing the felt face to the top of the slipper. Ahhh-dorable!
Now it’s time for a very important question: What kind of jewelry do rabbits wear? 14-“carrot” gold, of course!
A pom-pom bunny tail is the perfect finishing touch for these adorable slippers. Wrap a bunch of yarn around three of your fingers to make the pom-pom small and dense. Wrap a piece around the center and tie it in place. Then trim the ends to create a pom pom. Then attach it to the back of your slipper using a needle and thread.
DIY bunny pajamas: check! Bunny slippers: check!
Brie stepped into the scene and thought. “But wait — which pair is for me? I think they both are a little big…”
“Seriously, these are too big for me, guys! Why didn’t my agent give you my correct size?!”
“I’m outta here.”
We couldn’t help ourselves. Too cute!
Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using hashtag #iamcreative!