Brit + Co’s DIY resolutions are in full-swing this January. And since most of the country is experiencing cold weather right now we thought, why don’t we knit or crochet two scarves with one, um, needle?! What we’re trying to say is: let’s learn how to DIY something that can keep us warm and cozy.
Don’t know how to knit? Don’t worry, Brit + Co has you covered! We have our very own e-class to help you. In just 30 minutes, you can take your knitting skills to the next level with Knitting For Beginners instructed by Jade Harwood of Wool and the Gang.
BUY THE CLASS – $19
Now for some inspiration… here is a roundup of 13 chunky scarves that you (yes, you!) can make.
1. Turquoise Garter Stitch Cowl: Let’s start simple. You can make this cute and quick garter stitch cowl in one or two days. No need to sew up any seams! (via knit + bake)
2. Buttoned Chunky Shell Stitch Cowl: Add a little something-something to make this chunky scarf yours with a styled button. (via All About Ami)
3. Crochet Chain Necklace: This scarf might not keep you as warm and cozy as the rest, but it’s definitely a game changer. This easy-to-make chain scarf doubles as a cute necklace. #saywhat (via Little Birdie Secrets)
4. Chunky Circle Scarf: If you’ve been saying that you need a big chunky scarf to wear this winter, this pattern is for you. (via people webs)
5. Double Crochet Infinity Scarf: If you’re feeling confident in your crocheting skills, give your infinity scarf a little more texture with this simple double crochet pattern. (via Delia Creates)
6. Just Triangles Entrelac Scarf: Want to change up the pattern a bit? Try out this multi-color triangle scarf. Triangles all the way! (via The Purl Bee)
7. Cowl Sweater Shrug Wrap: How cute is this cowl shrug wrap that doubles as a scarf? This pattern is actually pretty simple and it comes with a video tutorial. #wootwoot (via knit + bake)
8. Cozy Ribbed Scarf: This ribbed lovely scarf knits up quickly and is oh so cozy. You could gift it, but you won’t want to give it away once you try it on! (via Lady By The Bay)
9. Wild Spirit Snood: Not only will you learn everything you need to know about knitting from this e-class tutorial, but the final product is this awesome chunky wool snood! (via Brit + Co)
10. Textured Circle Scarf: Get your texture on with this simple stitch pattern. It’s just alternating squares of stockinette stitch. Easy peasy. (via Tracing Threads)
11. Easy Striped Cowl Scarf: Want to make a scarf for the man in your life? Check out this easy striped cowl pattern that will surely keep your honey warm. (via knit + bake)
12. Double Strand Infinity Scarf: Forget about neutrals. This light (yet cozy) infinity scarf will brighten your days well into spring. (via one dog woof)
13. Lovely Leaf Lace Scarf: This lace pattern gives this scarf a more delicate look. But don’t let looks deceive you. Wearing it is still like a big soft hug around your neck. (via The Purl Bee).
Remember, if you want to learn how to knit, make sure to sign up for our Knitting For Beginners E-Class, or hit the ground running with our Wild Spirit Snood Knitting Kit.
And we’re hooked! What are your favorite knitting + crocheting tutorials? Tweet us a link at @britandco.