The Best Drugstore Foundations for Every Skin Type
If you’re into rocking a full face of makeup every day, you may notice your high-end foundation’s cost per wear is a bit steep. Even if you’re not a makeup maven, you might just have more important things to spend your hard earned cash on, like new digs for your apartment… and wine! Whatever the motivation, seeking out budget-friendly foundation alternatives doesn’t mean you have to trade in that flawless face. The list below has affordable and effective drugstore foundations that will suit your complexion, skin type, and more importantly, your wallet.
“Goss method” of applying a loose powder after moisturizing your skin, this foundation will look natural and smooth, rather than greasy or overly dewy. However, if your skin is acne prone or not that dry, this may not be the right fit for you.
2. Revlon ColorStay for Combination/Oily Skin ($13): Makeup artists rave about the ColorStay line, so you know this is a good one! This foundation lasts all day and serves up a smooth, lightweight and blendable finish. The formula keeps excess oils at bay without drying other areas of the skin, so it’s also great for those with a greasy T-Zone and otherwise normal skin. After just a bit of finishing powder, you’ll be good to go.
3. L’Oréal Infallible Pro-Matte 24HR Foundation ($13): When it comes to keeping skin matte, this foundation is the definitive drugstore champion. According to L’Oreal, this formula contains “shine defy blotting spheres that act like blotting paper” to keep oil and sweat from shining through. While there are only 10 shades, they are incredibly blendable when applied with a damp beauty sponge, which keeps the product feeling fresh and light all day long.
4. Youthful Wear™ Cosmeceutical Youth-Boosting Spotless Foundation SPF ($15): Physicians Formula is the gold standard of drugstore organics. Their latest liquid foundation claims some serious accomplishments. According to them, this product will make you “look up to 10 years younger instantly” with “proven visible results!” While we can’t guarantee that’s 100% true, the formula does have quite a few fans. It’s non-greasy, light and keeps skin clear and fresh.
5. L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup ($10): L’Oreal’s TrueMatch foundation comes in 33 gorgeous shades, which is extremely impressive for a drugstore lineup. The coverage is buildable from light to medium, and has a natural, light texture. And with three undertones to choose from, you no longer have to worry about deep colors being too red, or beiges being too yellow.
Hard to Match Skin
6. Physicians Formula Gentle Wear 100% Natural Origin Loose Powder ($14): As soon as the mineral makeup craze struck in 2005, Physicians Formula became the low-price answer to Bare Minerals. This loose powder foundation offers the great coverage of its more expensive counterparts, along with unbeatable blendability and shine control, whilst also being 100% natural.
and fragrance-free. The lightweight formula evens out the skin and controls excess oil. It even contains vitamin E and botanical extracts to keep the breakouts on permanent vacation.