Dutch Baby: The One-Skillet Breakfast You’re Not Making (Yet!)
Sure, pancakes are great. But there’s always one (or two) that burn before you get the skillet temperature right, and you have to babysit them for way too long. If you’re not about that life, Dutch babies are the breakfast for you. They’re similar to a pancake, except they’re baked in a cast iron skillet and sliced to serve. No flipping, no waiting for one side to be done — just bake and eat. Keep reading, because we gathered 17 recipe options to get you started on your quest to breakfast domination.
1. Almond Dutch Baby With Vanilla Bean Crème Fraîche and Strawberries: If you’re hosting brunch, you don’t want to be tending to food while everyone’s sipping their mimosas. Make this Parisian-inspired Dutch baby and you won’t have to worry about missing out. (via Hungry Girl por Vida)
2. Apricot Raspberry Dutch Baby Pancake: We like our Dutch babies fluffy, puffy and studded with fruit. Serve with maple syrup and a dollop of whipped cream if you’re feeling frisky. (via Dinner at the Zoo)
3. Blackberry and Apple Paleo Dutch Baby: If we didn’t tell you, you would never know this baby is grain-free, dairy-free and Paleo. Splurge for a dusting of powdered sugar, or opt for a dose of honey if you’re being “good.” (via A Saucy Kitchen)
4. Blueberry Chamomile Dutch Baby With Honeycomb Ricotta: The number of blueberries in this pancake is unreal. But the real star is the honeycomb ricotta, which you’ll want to smear on everything. (via Half Baked Harvest)
5. Caramel Apple Dutch Baby: Don’t limit yourself to only having Dutch babies for breakfast. This caramel apple version is perfect for dessert, especially with a scoop of ice cream. (via Seasons and Suppers)
9. Double Chocolate Dutch Baby With Vanilla Whipped Cream: Okay, now this most definitely crosses the line from breakfast into dessert. There’s even an indulgent homemade chocolate maple sauce for topping. (via The Modern Proper)
10. Dutch Baby Pancakes: Sometimes simplicity is key. This basic Dutch baby has minimal ingredients, with the optional topping of fresh fruit. It’s a perfect foolproof recipe for your first try. (via Sweet Samsations)
11. Vanilla Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby With Apple Bourbon Compote and Cream Cheese Icing: No need to choose between cinnamon rolls and pancakes. Have the best of both worlds with this dressed-up cinnamon roll Dutch baby. (via How Sweet It Is)
12. Meyer Lemon Dutch Baby: The sweet brightness of Meyer lemon is the perfect contrast to this fluffy pancake. Pro tip: Infuse the zest in the batter and the whipped cream for even more flavor. (via The Floating Kitchen)
13. Pear Dutch Baby: The mild base of a Dutch baby allows you to add whatever flavors you like. This one has thin slices of fresh pear and is spiced with a touch of cinnamon. (via E.A. Stewart | Spicy RD Nutrition)
15. Caramel Apple Dutch Baby With Apple Cider Syrup: If you’re in search of the ultimate comfort food, look no further. You’ll absolutely want to head back to bed after this one. (via The Gold Lining Girl)
16. Vanilla Dutch Baby Pancake With Red Currants and Peaches: Just when you thought Dutch babies couldn’t get any easier to make, you learn that you can prepare them in the blender. That’s right — no whisking required. (via Cooking With a Wallflower)
17. Vegan Dutch Baby With Caramelized Apples and Pears: Even though traditional Dutch babies are made with eggs and milk, it’s totally possible to make them vegan. The secret ingredient? Silken tofu. (via Heart of a Baker)
Follow us on Pinterest for more easy breakfast recipes.